Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get offered anything above 70m for Sane we should bite their hands off!

Sane has shown flashes of potential but his record isn't all that great and for me, he hasn't improved enough to give confidence that he will come good, and he's been given enough time now.

Add to the mix his questionable mentality and general attitude i.e. he's the sulky kind... then I really think we should cash in while Bayern are interested.
Lol

All this speculation on whether he can track back etc is pretty baseless in my opinion. He is physically one of the most outstanding athletes at the club so I have no doubt he could do it. 17/18 Sane was unplayable more often that not, 18/19 may not have been the same but I would put that down to attitude and I still don't think he has a bad one at all.

I think he has been feeling undervalued by the management and club because of his contract, and then the arrival of Mahrez and the explosion of Bernardo have caused him to wonder if he might be better off elsewhere. When thats the case with your work situation anyone is going to stop operating at 100% whether consciously or not. Who among us can claim to have still being giving your all when you feel like your boss has shafted you? Whether or not thats justified is an argument for another day, its just how I think he feels.

Everyone accepts that some guys are confidence players (arguably Stones and Jesus) and I think the same applies to Leroy, he's just a needs-to-feel-appreciated player.

I think if we give him the contract he deserves and a pat on the back for being so professional this summer despite the interest and one day he'll be having a testimonial.

You think Ronaldo would be so good at what he does, if he played like Robben or Bernardo Silva ?

I don't.

I don't think he could have done it, even if he was willing to.

Imo, Sane shouldn't be compared to Ronaldo and absolved of defensive duties. Mentally wise they seem quite different, apart from Ronaldo being two footed and a beast in the air. A better comparision would be Henry.

If Ronaldo played under Sané's conditions, he would never have developed it, as he wouldn't be on the pitch.

Ronaldo put up with Ferguson making him do some donkey work when he was a teenager and they had more than a few rows until he did what Ferguson wanted and then earned the right through his performances to do what he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.