It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Did you break down which matches Puyol & Pique started in? We have 38 matches alone in the PL, let alone Europe & the domestic cups.

Every league is different, more so the blood & snot of the Premier League. We're fighting for titles & cups against some major opposition at home and abroad.

Just like ManUre in the late 90s, Barca of 2010-12 could afford to rest major players in the league ahead of big European nights such was their league dominance. The only time we've been able to do that is in the League Cup. It's horses for courses mate.

As it stands our youngsters aren't at the level to be No 3 & 4 in our squad.

Blah blah blah. Conquering Europe...the blood and snot of the Premier League. Listen to yourself.

De Ligt is 19 and would start for any team on the planet. Lets give our own teenager a chance before writing him off.

Otamendi & Stones would considered by every team in the World. Both play for us, both are better than Matip. Both are better than Lenglet, both are better than Maguire who’s just become the most expensive defender ever.

Fact remains, you’ve been banging the drum that Stones, Otamendi & LaPorte are not enough. They are more than enough and more than most our rivals have.
So Stones & Otamendi would walk into any team in the world? Funny, they could barely get into our team last year..

So if you’re at the very top of your profession playing for the very best team you’re not considered World Class? Give over.
No !!
Not every player is deemed "world class" and you need to take your blue tinted specs off.
Within our current crop of say 18 top players I would say there are only 6/7/ or 8 who are worthy of such an acclaim.
Do you consider the following to be truly "world class" ?
Walker,Otimendi,Gundogan,Mahrez,Stones and even Jesus is no-where world class at the moment.Thats not to say this list are crap players just not at the standard you think one and all should be "titled".
A world class team would NOT include any of those I`ve mentioned.If you think they do then please tell us your world class team and I doubt NOT one other person would agree with you that we have 17/18 players in that category.
Messrs,KDB,Sterling,Bernado,David Silva,Sergio without a doubt,possibly Edison and Laporte,but definitely not Sane ... yet ... if ever.

Blah blah blah. Conquering Europe...the blood and snot of the Premier League. Listen to yourself.

De Ligt is 19 and would start for any team on the planet. Lets give our own teenager a chance before writing him off.
So our teenage defenders are on De Ligts level??

I knew that Guardiola fella was a shit manager! Just imagine.... he had all this talent at his fingertips last season but never used them outside of the League Cup.

Bring back Stuart Pearce I say. He'd have spotted our youngster's talents & used them to their fullest extent....

On another note, I read a stat which stated ManUre played their academy players more than any other club. To our shame, we used our academy products very little in comparison....

It boggles the mind how we ever managed to become the first team to complete a domestic treble & why ManUre are playing Thursday night footie next season... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49156788

No, he was simply filling in and a weak link. Name 10 better centre backs.

Nope, Delph was a starter for one of the best teams in the world and played regularly for the England. Textbook definition of World Class.

And why are we talking about CBs when we are talking about Delph. I know he is World Class, but he isn't that good to play CB. We all know only established players who have been playing exclusively CB since they were 5 can play that position professionally.

Hard to say since they haven't been getting first team football regularly, but generally speaking I think all three teens will be at comparable levels in the coming years.
De Ligt is at the required level now. How many 'coming years' until our teenagers are at the required level? Also, what do we do in the meantime?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.