Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier going into the new season without buying a centre back is a mistake. I’m not saying we should have gone in for maguire as its a lot of money but there is defenders out there who we could go for . Got to admit it though if Utd want someone they make sure they get them whatever the cost . As a poster earlier said vinny is irreplaceable which he is but we are taking a massive chance by not reinforcing our defence especially given stones and otamendis form last season .

He is much better than their current centre backs. Their failings are systemic and it couod well be that his performances suffer accordingly.

He is much better than their current centre backs. Their failings are systemic and it couod well be that his performances suffer accordingly.
I think you might be right. Leicester’s back four he just left is better than the one he’s just joined.

Rags are where we were when sheiky took over.
Trying to buy good solid English players
Bridge, Barry and young English talent like Johnson
However they have a lot more dead wood than we had which could hinder any progress

I said right at the very start of this thread Maguire was a tugboat and there wasn’t a cat in hells chance we would be interested at £60m, nevermind at £85m. He’s a very good player but not in the same league as Laporte or Stones in possession. A lot of posters were overly obsessed with this perception that we’re piss poor aerially at set pieces when the stats prove otherwise. Personally I think those posters completely misinterpreted Pep’s comments in regards to us being weak in that area, it’s our weakest area, it doesn’t mean we’re weak in that area. Too much emphasis was placed on that comment taken out of context and there wasn’t a chance we would ever have gone for him unless it was very good value for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.