First human-monkey chimera created

urban genie

Scientists in China have reportedly created part human, part monkey chimera embryos for the first time.

The team hope the technique will bring animals used to grow human organs for transplantation a step closer, the work, led by scientist Juan CarlosIzpisúa of the Salk Institute, California and researchers at Murcia Catholic University (UCAM), was carried out in China to side-step the potential legal issues, according to Spanish newspaper El Pais.

Thoughts?

Scientists in China have reportedly created part human, part monkey chimera embryos for the first time.

The team hope the technique will bring animals used to grow human organs for transplantation a step closer, the work, led by scientist Juan CarlosIzpisúa of the Salk Institute, California and researchers at Murcia Catholic University (UCAM), was carried out in China to side-step the potential legal issues, according to Spanish newspaper El Pais.

Thoughts?
Remember the TV show Chimera in the early 90's. That was pretty fucking scary
044eef3c3f59e671fd4049c2538e2c61.jpg

Thoughts?
I think it's too focused on playing golf and not enough on football.

this tidbit seems important aswell to take in mind:

"However, the would-be chimera is not alive as researchers stopped the process, El Pais reported."

Wheras i think we will learn a lot about genetics in the next decade's i presume more of these sort of experiments will be part of it. Well, as long as the purpose and methods are ethical i don't see reason to hold back science. The usage of the term "part human, part monkey" here evokes thoughts that kinda exagurate what it's actually about as looking for new methods to grow human organs often takes science into these paths afaik.

Thoughts?

Ian Brown likes this post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.