Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leroy should be one of our top earners if Pep is desperate to keep him.

Perhaps he is not " desperate " to keep him, but unlikely to say that with transfer " negotiations " currently taking place.

I am not convinced that Pep believes that Sane is currently deserving a top salary on par with Raheem for example. But if he was to sign the contract and prove to Pep that he deserves it, I am sure that the contract would be improved. Only my opinion though and I know f*** all .

Sorry to see him go but there has been an inevitability about this move for months. Don’t think we’ll sign a replacement and we probably don’t really need one. As others have rightly said, it will mean more game time for Jesus, Foden and Mahrez. Pep will adapt to his absence - no coach is better equipped to do so - and we did alright when Leroy didn’t make the starting line-up in a run of games towards the end of last season. I also think our fullbacks, particularly if we sign Cancelo and get Mendy fully fit - a big question mark there, though! - will be huge for us in creating a threat out wide.

Even clearer sign he's off, he's talking to Gundogan so the two are planning to leave together. "Which part of Munchen shall we live in, Ilkay?"

No. That’s just because they are both German.

Bayern want to make Sané the face and image of German football. When you picture Leroy what do you see? When he’s doing promo shoots what image does he present? If I was advising Leroy and a move was on the cards I would tell him not to appear in City promo stuff with his trademark style and save that for Bayern and when they have the big roll out. That way you are not having competing images.

Bayern are betting large on Leroy and with that much money at stake you want all the bases covered.

We have by far the most injuries every season compared to the other top sides.

Mendy Kompany Stones Fernandinho deBruyne Agüero and Jesus have all had multiple injuries in their city careers.
I don't dinho has but the others yes,sergio hasn't really been injured except the taxi one for ages,time out for his knee op lately but it fixed a niggle from 2013

it's pretty telling that Danilo isn't with the squad and he's leaving soon, and Sane is there.........

We should take bale on loan for a season on £250,000 a week wages.
We have a week to find a replacement if Leroy is going? Never said sign him full time, but for one season bale would be worth it imo
The last thing we need in our squad is an aging, injury prone Bale, especially if he single handedly smashes our careful wage structure, a ridiculous suggestion for me. I'd rather give Leroy the £250k and he's not worth it either imho.

I'll keep a close eye on the teamsheet tomorrow (well I would anyway, but you know...) If he starts I'm having a cheeky tenner on him scoring 2 and I think he'll stay. If not all bets are off, including mine obviously!!

The last thing we need in our squad is an aging, injury prone Bale, especially if he single handedly smashes our careful wage structure, a ridiculous suggestion for me. I'd rather give Leroy the £250k and he's not worth it either imho.

He could play golf with Pep....Apart from that.

I don't get how so many are saying that it will give others more game time,it has been mentioned on this thread alone a hundred times,Sane was a bit part player in second half of last season,I'm sure these "others" will be wanting more time than Sane got !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.