VAR (PL introduction 2019)

So VAR gave the first incident which was missed initially by the officials unfairly, which stopped an unfair second decision changing the game completely.... What's the problem??
If you don’t see a problem with retrospective decisions of this sort what can I say except wait for the unparalleled outrage storm when it happens in one of our games.

Totally disingenuous post...

Steven Zuber claims a penalty after a foul by Portugal’s Nelson Semedo. Referee Felix Brych doesn’t see it and waves play on.
Portugal sweep up the field and Bernardo Silva is fouled in the Switzerland penalty area by Fabian Schar. Brych sees it this time and awards a penalty.
The VAR official let’s Brych know he needs to have a look at the original incident and he does so on his pitchside monitor.
Once Brych see's the incident again, he see's clearly the Semedo clip on the heels of Zuber and reverses his incorrect original decision and awards Switzerland the penalty from which they score, which is the correct outcome. Portugal obviously don't get the penalty they were awarded

So VAR worked perfectly and corrected an injustice!!
So how far back do you want to see retrospective ‘justice’ applied? One minute, two, five?

Don't agree. It will give a significant improvement over the current flawed/corrupt system. VAR should level the playing field considerably against the current joke of a system.

You do realise that the bent decision making machine which does everything possible to enhance the success of its two favourite global cash-cows (rags and Liverpool) is the same machine that will be responsible for how VAR is applied?

You do realise that the bent decision making machine which does everything possible to enhance the success of its two favourite global cash-cows (rags and Liverpool) is the same machine that will be responsible for how VAR is applied?

True - but they will not be able to hide every injustice. The handled goal against Wolves last season, for example, would not have stood. The push in the back on Raheem as he was sure to score against Spurs would have been a pen and a sending off. The blatant infringements can not be hid and dismissed, if they are the injustice will be indisputable and there for all to see - no more talk of tin-foil hats.
VAR is definitely a step in the right direction for us - it's not perfect but it's better.

Commentator making a great point about VAR - people moaning about a player being a toe poke offside and it should be just given - shall we say the same when the ball doesn't cross the line by a few millimetres ..’’just give it’’

Technology is making the game much fairer, better and even more entertaining.

Totally disingenuous post...

Steven Zuber claims a penalty after a foul by Portugal’s Nelson Semedo. Referee Felix Brych doesn’t see it and waves play on.
Portugal sweep up the field and Bernardo Silva is fouled in the Switzerland penalty area by Fabian Schar. Brych sees it this time and awards a penalty.
The VAR official let’s Brych know he needs to have a look at the original incident and he does so on his pitchside monitor.
Once Brych see's the incident again, he see's clearly the Semedo clip on the heels of Zuber and reverses his incorrect original decision and awards Switzerland the penalty from which they score, which is the correct outcome. Portugal obviously don't get the penalty they were awarded

So VAR worked perfectly and corrected an injustice!!

You have misinterpreted my post. I did not suggest that the process produced the wrong outcome.

Commentator making a great point about VAR - people moaning about a player being a toe poke offside and it should be just given - shall we say the same when the ball doesn't cross the line by a few millimetres ..’’just give it’’

Technology is making the game much fairer, better and even more entertaining.
maybe on telly but not at the game...IMHO

The one I picked up on yesterday was they said that the VAR has picked up an attempted kick towards Bernie by Trent AA. They then indicated that the officials had deemed no further action as it had not connected. Well last I looked in the laws of the game attempting to kick your opponent was classed as violent conduct and should be an automatic red. Nowhere does it state that you have to connect with attempted kick, punch, head butt etc

The one I picked up on yesterday was they said that the VAR has picked up an attempted kick towards Bernie by Trent AA. They then indicated that the officials had deemed no further action as it had not connected. Well last I looked in the laws of the game attempting to kick your opponent was classed as violent conduct and should be an automatic red. Nowhere does it state that you have to connect with attempted kick, punch, head butt etc

Him and Robertson were at it all game. Leaving their feet in and shoving players after the ball had gone.
None of our players fell for it. Atkinson should've at least had a word with them, but decided not to bother.
I wouldn't mind, but we know if the boot was on the other foot.....

How many times, there's no clear and obvious on offsides/goal line decisions. Its either off or on / over the line or not.
For offside, It kind of depends where the VAR official decides when the ball was passed/headed/touched. The rules where changed a few years ago to indicate that the decision point was now as soon as the ball is touched (replacing the previous decision point when the ball was released).
I have no problem with this, the problem I have is that this decision point is never shown as part as the TV VAR decision, so how can it be validated? There just isn't any transparency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.