Community shield Post match thread

In the year 2450 they'll still be saying it's their year and they'll still be referring back to the nearly times when they won nothing but the praise of the MSM. Last year they had fans saying that they should have gotten a trophy for doing well and even now they refuse to believe they were beaten when their opponents are parading silverware in front of them.

Nah...they'll have joined the dark side long before then and all in front will be theirs by right

I’m not convinced. I’m not saying they are at Tyler’s level, and you probably hear them more than me, but White has often brought up the money aspect and Dixon is certainly no City fan and to my mind quite critical- he falls into the trap of always seeing the game from our opponents POV, ‘what they need to do’ etc

Lee Dixon is (maybe was) a blue. Went to school with him and had many a trip on the 129 to Dickinson Road and then on to the Kippax. Slag his commentary, but he did the hard miles as a kid

Enjoyable game, though a bit tense at the end.

We were excellent first half and were unlucky not to have had a bigger lead (Raheem!) and looked comfortable at the back.

They gave us more of a game in the second half, but I thought they were a little fortunate with their goal.

Great set of penalties from the boys, but I thought Allison saved Oleks'. I was pretty confident that the Shield was ours when I saw Gabriel walking up to take the fifth, though not as confident as I was when Yaya was making that same walk in February '16.

Some very good performances today. I was impressed with Dave on his debut and Kyle's clearance was brilliant. However, my MotM was Claudio. Some fantastic saves and kept his cool in the shootout.

Really ? I thought the 2nd half was mostly down to our lack of games.

It may well have been for that very reason, but by our standards we were very poor in part. I am not hurling scathing criticism as at the end of the day if we can get away with having that kind of off day and still come away with a trophy against them then we are not doing bad. Indeed as I mentioned in my original post it does in some ways make the win more enjoyable given the opposition. Infact I would have much been even more happy had something else to annoy the scouse twats ie a wrongly given goal or penalty perhaps.

Why do you hate them so much? Would you rather just waltz to every trophy every year? Last season was probably the best football season I have ever seen. People will remember it. Better than winning by 20 odd points every season. It would get like F1.

Why BellC , more like Bell End

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.