Community shield Post match thread

Seen some videos of bust ups on the train. Was anybody on here around the incident? If so, Hope your all ok blues.

Normally I'd say hope all involved (on both sides are ok) but I've grown a much larger hatred towards them twats. Especially after the bus incident. They can go f*ck. Hope they got a few smacks. Vile c*nts.

Videos I saw they did :)

Rodrigo looked like a player who was playing his first game in the UK. At high intensity, and against a team who this shield really meant something to, despite what people may try and convince us.

Comparing him to Javi Garcia is doing the man a gross disservice.

Rodrigo looked like a player who was playing his first game in the UK. At high intensity, and against a team who this shield really meant something to, despite what people may try and convince us.

Comparing him to Javi Garcia is doing the man a gross disservice.

He showed similar weaknesses to the kid imo.

Slow on the turn, bereft when receiving the ball back to goal and a touch slow in his thinking at times.

Not saying he won’t improve I’m 100% sure he will.

There were lots of positives as well.

Just don’t think played as well as some are suggesting.

first major win without kompany and for me its a big win today because of that

city looked great first half and should have score another one but KDB is just about the best player i have ever see in a manchester city kit, he will be stiff as a board in the morning and never stopped and give his all and more, and if that is a 75% fit KDB then look out, he will score over 20 goals easy this season with him pushing up a lot more than before

don't you just love the scousers saying its only the charity shield means nothing ?? but the look on the fans faces when we scored and the joy when they scored YEAH just a friendly was it you bunch of clowns, even klopp said in the after match interview he and his players wanted it badly, so because city won its meaningless, big big shout out to Rodri playing his first game at this level great stuff big man, also walker what a save and he nearly kicked the cross bar hahahahahahaha

why pep kept his first team on was a puzzle for many but it was to get them match fit and ready for a hard game away to west ham next week, pep knows getting players to catch their 2nd wind quicker is by playing them for longer in this game, game fitness is what you need at this stage of the new season and west ham was a couple of weeks ahead of our pre-season and we was late to the games in pre-season so again getting games in the legs

5 out of 10 today but picking up another trophy is all what matters ?? and i think no other english team has won all 5 english majors trophies on the bop before maybe wrong ??

The 2nd half was understandably hard considering the dippers had the luxury of putting on 5 fresh players. They were also needlessly dirty.

I agree with some of this, but I thought Raz was very direct in H1 and as a result he was playing very naturally, instinctive if you prefer. If you look at the stats over the two halves you’ll see that it’s more than likely pep decided to go out and defend the lead rather than push on for the win. Why he did that I can only guess maybe to invite them on to see if we could contain them or maybe he thought we were gassed so he was trying to conserve energy, I don’t know.

I think we just couldn't run.

So we didn't have the options to pass it out properly & were just lobbing balls forward. When we did get it right we had an easy pass on to open them up but got all of them wrong.

In a real game, we would open that square defence up almost every time on the counter. Not sure whal Klopp has in mind but it looks all wrong to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.