Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juve supporter friends think he is great going forward but can be awkward defensively. He is like the opposite of Clichy who was decent as a defender but offered fuck all and looked scared in attacks.
But isnt like Kolarov as Kolarov had a magic left foot for crosses, freekicks, long shots Cancelo doesnt have that.

I dont think its a great transfer for Juve or City actually. He isnt 30m pounds better than Danilo. He might not replace Walker anytime soon unless he adjust to the PL quickly.

For me getting an extra CB would be a bigger priority.
Cancelo is serious upgrade on Danilo. There is no point signing CB, unless you want average HG CB for inflated fee. Not enough foreign spots.

Erm, not over the moon about this. I was even ok with letting Cancelo go to bring in a better fullback, but I have no trust in Danilo. He doesn't seem better than Cancelo on the attacking side and he doesn't strike me as a great defender (an area in which Cancelo was frustratingly lacking, too). That's the reason for the additional 30m I guess.

Well, better this than the Dybala-Lukaku swap at least.

Danilo a superb player.

Every game, he runs down the right with pace, power precision. Beats his man, gets to the box. They show him inside because his final ball is pretty good. Lines it up with his left. Bam.

Row Z every fucking time.

Found him really frustrating to watch. Getting Cancelo for him and 30 million is a terrible deal and such daylight robbery I still doubt it will go through. Danilo was superb at Porto and maybe if he gets the regular football he has craved for so long he will be that player again - but for me he is just a really nice bloke who is bang average. One of those, if he was from Scarborough and called Danny Lowe he wouldn't have played for half the clubs he has.

Danilo a superb player.

Every game, he runs down the right with pace, power precision. Beats his man, gets to the box. They show him inside because his final ball is pretty good. Lines it up with his left. Bam.

Found him really frustrating to watch. Getting Cancelo for him and 30 million is a terrible deal and such daylight robbery I still doubt it will go through. Danilo was superb at Porto and maybe if he gets the regular football he has craved for so long he will be that player again - but for me he is just a really nice bloke who is bang average. One of those, if he was from Scarborough and called Danny Lowe he wouldn't have played for half the clubs he has.
In normal circumstances no way Juventus would accept this deal, but they have to balance the books, so we are taking advantage.

They get some cash and Danilo is cheaper player. Makes them financially better off.

Juve supporter friends think he is great going forward but can be awkward defensively. He is like the opposite of Clichy who was decent as a defender but offered fuck all and looked scared in attacks.
But isnt like Kolarov as Kolarov had a magic left foot for crosses, freekicks, long shots Cancelo doesnt have that.

I dont think its a great transfer for Juve or City actually. He isnt 30m pounds better than Danilo. He might not replace Walker anytime soon unless he adjust to the PL quickly.

For me getting an extra CB would be a bigger priority.

You’re hard to please, 3 goals and 14 assists? A little respect and acknowledgement, please. ;-)

Arent you guys desperate to balance the books hence selling cancelo, dybala etc.. Frankly cancelo for Danilo plus 30m euros is a very decent deal. Who do you think is a realistic target then for RB?

Yeah that's what I'm getting from this, and even if I'm not over the moon I'm not desperate either. As I said, if we need to cash in, better this than that wretched Dybala-Lukaku swap idea.
Imo we wanted to sell some designated players (Higuain, Khedira, Mandzukic, Matuidi) but we were met with resistance in some cases (see Higuain) or lack of offers in others. It would be good if we managed to place some of them before your window shuts.

I rather liked Danilo, but I don’t think he ever performed for us anywhere near as well as Ghoulam did under Sarri, so I think that’s a tad harsh.

I was thinking more about Hysaj or Mario Rui. You're right, Ghoulam is good when he's not injured.

Yeah that's what I'm getting from this, and even if I'm not over the moon I'm not desperate either. As I said, if we need to cash in, better this than that wretched Dybala-Lukaku swap idea.
Imo we wanted to sell some designated players (Higuain, Khedira, Mandzukic, Matuidi) but we were met with resistance in some cases (see Higuain) or lack of offers in others. It would be good if we managed to place some of them before your window shuts.

I was thinking more about Hysaj or Mario Rui. You're right, Ghoulam is good when he's not injured.

That he is but he’s no Mendy. :-o

Danilo a superb player.

Lol, yeah karen mentioned it. I'm more concerned about our fullbacks's crossing than their shooting tbf. If he keeps trying to shoot (and fail) instead of passing, I guess we'll just have to beat some tactical discipline into him.

Danilo a superb player.

Harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.