Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 2 natural left backs plus Zinchenko, who is now first choice. Why would we play a RB there when we have fewer right backs than left backs?

FYI Cancelo as barely ever been used on the left. Far less than Danilo has.
Because: Angelino had a great () preseason and Mendy is either injured or applying for pensioners benefits... so, yes... I'd suit up a player who is a natural back who can play the LB position.

"João Pedro Cavaco Cancelo (born 27 May 1994) is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays for Italian club Juventus and the Portugal national team. Mainly a right back, he can also play as a right winger or a left back. Regarded as a promising player in the media, Cancelo is mainly known for his speed, energy and offensive capabilties, as well as his technical skills, creativity and crossing ability. He is capable of playing as a full-back or winger on either flank, although he usually plays on the right."

Mendy isn't available for some time, Zinchenko is probably better than Angelino but Cancelo is arguably going to be better than either.
He probably will be, but he'll still play at RB.

Because: Angelino had a great () preseason and Mendy is either injured or applying for pensioners benefits... so, yes... I'd suit up a player who is a natural back who can play the LB position.
Angelino had a great pre season? Not sure about that, looked very rusty, slow and sloppy when i saw him.

Sorry pal, I didn’t realize you were being sarcastic.

To all saying Cancelo won't play at LB:
Let's say (on the) Mendy misses 10 games straight coming up (not exactly a wild stretch of the imagination), or the next time he has a health induced vacation of, say, 10 games:
Walker barring injury plays 7 out of those at RB, Cancelo plays the balance of 3.
In those 7 games where we have Angelino and Zinch... You're telling me Cancelo will not feature in at least a few of those?
We aren't buying him so Bernie can keep his colloquial Portuguese sharp.

I think he's a great upgrade on danilo and only paying nearly 28m for a 60m rated player is fantastic business in my opinion.
Imminent, bags packed, hand luggage scanned and sat on the tarmac isn't he?

FiveLive have just caught up with this, reporting that City have opened negotiations to sign Cancelo with Danny going the other way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.