Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I loved him as much as others here, but taking factors into consideration, it is his first competitive game. One thing I noticed when comparing to fern was how much slower we were breaking the press after goal kicks, he seemed to linger on the pass much longer, preferring to play back or sideways, rather than through the lines. At times I felt he was out of position and was dribbled past a bit too easy for my liking. But considering it took most of our players nearly a full season to gel under Pep, all in all he looks very promising. Just not the Dinho like for like replacement I initially expected. All in due time.
He'll need 6 or more months to understand Peps way, anyone expecting instant Fernandhino was always going to be disappointed, even Fernandinho needed nearly a year to "get it".

I thought he was better than any of them on the ball in deep situations. He got mugged a few times but he will do if he's never played Premier League & is in pre season. Even if you are 6 ft 6, if you try to use your body strength to keep possession, as he does in Spain, sometimes, they will get you & sometimes it'll cost the game. The key is to learn from it.

It also happened because his team mates were fucked & not offering the same angles quickly enough.

Imo he has a glaring weakness at the moment, which is chasing the ball in some situations where he isn't quick enough to intercept & his player is going to lay it off. He needs to either let him go & stop the guy trying to get in behind, or kick him into row Z before he passes.

The potential is there. He will have learned a lot from this game. Got caught on the ball, also gave it away a few times.

I love how he is usually so hard to get off the ball and plays many passes forward with good touch.

had some quality moments but also needs to adapt to the fast pace of the pl. wont have as much time as he did in spain. once he gets this down he will be massive. very good passes with both feet.

Remember Merlins first game against spurs obvious talent but wasn't prepared for the pace and how quickly he was hit/closed down,takes a while to adjust but good players can

Much has to go down top the scouts for this but what a find Rodri will be, he still has quite a bit to go before he is the finished article but its all there to see what he brings. It will probably be Christmas before we get to fully see what he is capable of but there is plenty to get excited about.

His technique is class in tight spaces yesterday he looked the business. Have no worries and think he will adapt quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.