"The Athletic" launches in the UK | About to be bought by NYT for $550m (p 32)

Looks good and no click bait shite. Although One if the first articles I saw was Liverpool’s CEO saying Any club breaching FFP should be punished.

I would never subscribe to any online paper very rare anything I read about football I say I learnt something there.

Poor Neil didn't get picked...

EBMyGHIXkAAIcLU

£9.99 a month seems a bit much

I signed up for 3 day trial run last year, and I must say the NBA and NFL coverage is excellent. If you're into that sort of thing, it *could* be a worthwhile subscription.

If the PL coverage is anywhere near as great as the American sports, it could be incredible, but all if they're doing is moving the Mirror, Sun, Mail pieces behind a paywall, then it's a hard pass from me.

Has anyone signed up to this yet? They have a 50% off offer on right now.

I’m tempted, but wondering if anyone’s on there already and can give us a review. For someone who’s given up reading football articles because of how sensationalised they’ve become, this sounds ideal...

Imagine a new football department, they said.

Imagine hiring some of the best journalists in the country.

Imagine having the time and resource to plan and execute in-depth articles in a world where West Bromwich Albion matter just as much as Manchester United, where the inside story at Burnley is put together with the same passion as the lowdown on the latest managerial change at Chelsea.

Imagine ignoring the world of sensationalism and trying to share better – and untold – stories. Trying to stand out in the clickbait crowd.

No, this is not a bad reworking of a John Lennon song. It’s The Athletic UK and from today we are bringing our journalism to you.

For what it's worth I've been a member for a year or so (for their coverage of American sports) and it's excellent. Night and day to newspaper reporting with in depth, well sourced articles. Sam's posted a few things today which have been really good, including a detailed tactical breakdown of our defensive play last season. Theres a free trial period, so you can read a bit yourself before paying anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.