******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
is woakes actually injured? i thought i read something this morning about him just not bowling yesterday which would've been very weird, but an injury would make more sense.

leach has to come in if only for the fact that Smith is comparatively shit, for his standards, against left arm spin.

Woakes was definitely injured. Not a chance he'd have only bowled seven overs in that second innings otherwise. He has a good record at Lords too so hopefully he'll play.

At least we sent Anderson out to bat with one leg.

That helped him and us.
It probably means he'd been effectively ruled out for the series beforehand.

Too much emphasis on the one-day stuff for the last couple of years. No sign of a decent replacement for Cook yet, and while Bairstow, Buttler and Stokes look a great trio on the odd occasion they come off at Test level, when solid resistance is needed they can be a collapse waiting to happen.

is woakes actually injured? i thought i read something this morning about him just not bowling yesterday which would've been very weird, but an injury would make more sense.

leach has to come in if only for the fact that Smith is comparatively shit, for his standards, against left arm spin.

i think woakes was rested after 7 overs because of he was a little unwell ?? or so we was lead to believe

leach has to play and moeen ali sent to the school of monty panesar and never to be seen again ?? jimmy is out and curran or archer will replace him, but if woakes is hide a injury can england again gamble on a not fully fit player again, lords is a big big game and the ashes are in the balance and we all know they love lords do the aussies and if they go 2 up its over, they will just pack up the batting line up and just bat and bat and play no lose cricket

Think the WC has been the focus for England this summer, but the problems at Test level have been apparent for some time. Not sure the opening three is right, and if they don’t set a platform, then the middle order batsmen appear programmed to play in one way.

Media had been building Edgbaston up as ‘our Brisbane’ so as to ramp up the pressure on Australia, well the task has just got tougher but for England.

Huge issues throughout and Jimmy being injured pours salt on the wound. Smith rescued the Aussies in both innings and that made bowling last the key factor it was meant to be when they won the toss.

Moeen's form is abysmal so Leach has to come in. Archer for Jimmy probably the change they will make, but Curran would be a more like for like option. I don't think we need like for like. Taking 9 wickets is fine, it is Smith's we need to have any chance.

Ultimately, our batting isn't good enough. We should have got to a lot more than 90 lead. Roy is proving what we all expected. Denly is still not cutting it, Bairstow is also looking done for against the red ball. Tough decisions ahead. Jos got a couple of good balls so his low scores you have to accept really.

Lords is never a great ground for England because it is somewhere the opposition want to make their names at. Could be a very difficult series. They need to regroup and battle.

Too much hype about Smith. He is undoubtedly an exceptional talent but England already knew that and should have bowled to reduce his impact. The media will now hype up Archer in the same way, but games are won by teams, not individuals, and England need to work harder as a collective unit if they are to turn it around.

Too much hype about Smith. He is undoubtedly an exceptional talent but England already knew that and should have bowled to reduce his impact. The media will now hype up Archer in the same way, but games are won by teams, not individuals, and England need to work harder as a collective unit if they are to turn it around.

Ball swings we get him out he struggles ball doesnt swing he gets a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.