Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are getting carried away here. He faced Mo bloody Salah in his first competitive game of the season!
Salah might be a bit of a twat but he gives every so-called "proper" full-back a torrid time.
Haven't seen a lot of "proper" fullbacks have a great game facing Bernardo or Sterling either last season.
Exactly. Very few defenders come out of a game against salah looking good. He does need to improve on reading that diagonal ball though. He seems indecisive and misjudges the header and the winger is through.

Exactly. Very few defenders come out of a game against salah looking good. He does need to improve on reading that diagonal ball though. He seems indecisive and misjudges the header and the winger is through.
I agree on the diagonal ball. It's a bit of a problem.
On the other hand Zin intercepts a lot more balls high up the pitch than more traditional fullbacks, so that evens out IMO.

I love his balls and spirit but he's the weak link at the moment.

totally agree, we are just about to get another right back when we have two already (admit Danillo may leave) but left back has three personal, one permanently injured, one totally untested at this level and Zinchenko who puts a huge amount of effort in, but doesn't match the standard we have in other positions, Salah completely destroyed him yesterday.

Ok. Ma boy looked poor yesterday against the golden boot Champion of the last 2 seasons and also PL player of the year.

Could he have done better? Absolutely. Would he? I believe so. But let's not forget, the very best Leftback in the league, had an equally torrid time dealing with Debryune/Bernado. Also 2 of the best players in the league.

Sometimes, the better players in the league just best up on good defensive players because they are that good.

So I am not worried. My faith in Zinchencko isn't shaken. I look forward to h getting in full form and being dominant again.

Also not to forget, he was better in the 2nd. Improvement :)

He's never going to be a world class LB but he'll do a job there if we need him to. Hopefully the LB situation will be much better this season and he can be used in other positions and maybe he'll find one that fits him perfectly.

A good utility player is incredibly rare, but Zinchenko could be one, so I won't be writing him off any time soon. He also seems to have a nice rapport with the fans and really appreciates the club for giving him his chance, so definitely worth holding onto with people like Vinny, Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero gone/leaving in the next 2 years.

No ones saying he hasn't done well. However we should have addressed this position as Mendy is a busted flush at City. We dont lose very often no matter who plays in fairness. Oleks is a good all rounder no doubt about that.
We have angel now,i hope he is going to be good but probably zinchy has the shirt for a while yet

Ok. Ma boy looked poor yesterday against the golden boot Champion of the last 2 seasons and also PL player of the year.

Could he have done better? Absolutely. Would he? I believe so. But let's not forget, the very best Leftback in the league, had an equally torrid time dealing with Debryune/Bernado. Also 2 of the best players in the league.

Sometimes, the better players in the league just best up on good defensive players because they are that good.

So I am not worried. My faith in Zinchencko isn't shaken. I look forward to h getting in full form and being dominant again.

Excellent good to hear from a level headed knowledgeable fan.

I agree.
Keep in mind that he was without Laporte. Those two complement each other very well. Zin probably still needs that security and communication when facing such a tough player.
In any case he's done a good job against some tough opponents last season so not too worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.