Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry joao, on current form walker keeps his place

Walker keeps his place when we need a fast RB who can cover the counter. Cancelo will keep his place when we have a bus to break down. We no longer have a starting and backup RB. We have two different options who are ideal for their choses situations.

Reactions: nmc
We should be looking to upgrade at every available opportunity if we want to remain on top so I’m al for it. But unless Cancelo has similar attributes to Walker, with his pace, covering and 1v1 defending, I don’t see the amount of games Walker plays drastically changing with this signing. He’s simply too crucial to our anti-counter tactics for him to sit out any of the big games.

They are pretty different.

agreed. but whoever's second choice will be getting most of theirs in fa/league cups.

danilo only made 7 league starts at right back last season.

We are not replacing Danilo for an extra 30 million to have a better player for those 7 starts. We are buying a starter.

Cancelo is a gem. In my opinion better then Kyle Walker. He also can play on the left side easily. I am portuguese, i know what i am talking. When Bernie signed City, i posted here, that Bernie would be a great player in the club. The same with Cancelo.

Also, Kyle Walker can be used sometimes in the middle.

If you asked me a couple of months ago who would be me dream right back, apart from A-A who would never join, it would be either Cancelo or Kimmich. So I feel pretty happy about this. Once Mendy is recovered for real, we have an amazing back four and a new CDM in Rodri. I wouldn't change this team even if I had all money in the world. Well... De Ligt and Mbappe would be my last additions. But seriously, look back a few years and now look at this team. It's incredible what Pep has built.

doesn't trust him makes it sound like he's error prone or unreliable, whereas he's always looked like a solid 6/10 player. it's more that guardiola rates walker higher (probably based on pace and offering more width going forward).

thinking about it cancelo and walker will probably get rotated anyway. but i wouldn't want to see walker dropped against west ham, right after one of his best performances since he joined.

No no no. Walker sucks at that. This is why we are buying Cancelo. Walker's pace allows him to stop counters. Full Stop. Thats why he plays so much. Danilo doesn't offer enough to outweigh that part of Walker's game. Cancelo does. He offers better possession retention and an ability to create width going forward. That skill (when compared against what walker brings) DOES in fact outweigh Walker's pace (when we arent playing against the counter) so in those cases we will see cancelo.

Cancelo is a gem. In my opinion better then Kyle Walker. He also can play on the left side easily. I am portuguese, i know what i am talking. When Bernie signed City, i posted here, that Bernie would be a great player in the club. The same with Cancelo.

It will be really strange for us to have 3 LB and yet use a natural RB for this position. Buttttt I think Cancelo is a great player and can be better as a LB than Zinchenko and Angelino so as long Mendy is injured I'm down for it

It will be really strange for us to have 3 LB and yet use a natural RB for this position. Buttttt I think Cancelo is a great player and can be better as a LB than Zinchenko and Angelino so as long Mendy is injured I'm down for it

Cancelo gives more options to City.
Kyle Walker Right
Zinchenko Left
Cancelo Left/Right and as good as any of those guys.

So much better than Danilo. Way better.

Does he track back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.