Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not replacing Danilo for an extra 30 million to have a better player for those 7 starts. We are buying a starter.
We are buying a guy to gradually phase into the no.1 spot and not stress over Walker losing his pace over the next few seasons. Because once that happens to him, he won’t be offering much unfortunately. Walker is around 29-ish I guess? Cancelo is 25. That’s perfect really. I think Walker still starts the big games initially, but by the end of this season I expect Cancelo to be the go-to guy. Then as Walker gets phased out, he’s replaced by a young homegrown player to nurture as Cancelo’s understudy.

Him on the left with walker and Rodri centre half, zinchenko holding midfield Ederson just in front of him, Angelino left wing then fill in the gaps by drawing straws if the bluemoon tactical experts had their way.

Funniest thing is, bar Ederson all of those have been genuine suggestions from multiple people god forbid we actually play anybody in the position we bought them for.
I wouldn't mind seeing Eddie get a shot at midfield or left back in a cup game tbh.

fucking hell, he has some highlight reel runs on YT. Looks like he can play on the left as well?

more width going forward relative to danilo, not cancelo. i agree he can't cross or beat his man, but he takes up positions danilo doesn't, which in itself gives more space to sterling and de bruyne.

i am by no means walker's greatest fan, and i agree his main asset is his pace. but i'm generally against dropping a player after he's just delivered an 8/10 performance. i would also prefer if cancelo was given time to settle and was not rushed into the team. and there's the fact cancelo is a weaker build than walker and so will take time to adjust to the league's physicality.

Its not about dropping players. its about playing the right player for the tactics required by that opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.