Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else think otamendi was solid yesterday? Got the better of salah quite a few times. still think he's a very good defender when called upon

He was tremendous considering he hadn’t played in preseason.

Showed good leadership too.

There is absolutely no need to move him and bring someone new in.

With the arrival of Cancelo, I think Pep has his business done now. Maybe Walker could be moved to CB (if needed) and Fernandinho will basically be playing as a centre back next season.

Otta was outstanding on Sunday. If Laporte gets a long term injury we're screwed.

With the arrival of Cancelo, I think Pep has his business done now. Maybe Walker could be moved to CB (if needed) and Fernandinho will basically be playing as a centre back next season.

Otta was outstanding on Sunday. If Laporte gets a long term injury we're screwed.
Your 100% correct with the injury concern to Laporte or Stones for that matter, hence why we desperately need another top class CB even this late in the window.

Hopefully Txixi has been working his magic and will surprise us all.

You are correct re concerns regarding Laporte but how would we address that issue - who could we presently target to address the concern? Maguire and Ake are not the answer and they are going for stupid money.

Not if Sane leaves

And as there is absolutely no sign of that happening, either they go for a homegrown or young cb, or the window will close.

I imagine it's Fernandinho, Rodri, Harwood Bellis, Garcia, for that job.

Edit: and of course if it's a back 3 sometimes, Walker pretty much plays that role now in large parts of games.

And as there is absolutely no sign of that happening, either they go for a homegrown or young cb, or the window will close.

I imagine it's Fernandinho, Rodri, Harwood Bellis, Garcia, for that job.

Edit: and of course if it's a back 3 sometimes, Walker pretty much plays that role now in large parts of games.
I think there is every possibility of him leaving, but if it's before the Premier League window closes I would agree it seems unlikely.
I can see a deal reached on deadline day for the German League which I think falls on 31st August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.