Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cancelo is so good why doe he struggle to get game time where he is ? Haven't seen or heard a lot about him.

I believe Cancelo struggled with a minor injury after his first 3-4 month but played very well up until then. Still, I am just as surprised as you are as to why Juve would let him go. Apart from Kimmich, Trent A-A and maybe 1-2 other right-backs, he is probably among the best attacking full-backs in the world and he just turned 25. He reminds me a bit of Dani Alves with his offensive qualities. As someone said, this is daylight robbery. But I couldn't be happier ;)

I believe Cancelo struggled with a minor injury after his first 3-4 month but played very well up until then. Still, I am just as surprised as you are as to why Juve would let him go. Apart from Kimmich, Trent A-A and maybe 1-2 other right-backs, he is probably among the best attacking full-backs in the world and he just turned 25. He reminds me a bit of Dani Alves with his offensive qualities. As someone said, this is daylight robbery. But I couldn't be happier ;)

Good to know about injury problem. I can remember reading about Mangala where someone used to watch him at Porto and said he was gash on here and couldn't understand why we were in for him at all and willing to pay such a hefty price ... Indeed a few others who were familiar with him said the same ... Hope Cancelo works out, having done a bit more reading he does seem to be very good offensively

Beware anything too good to be true.

His legs will fall off half way through his debut or something. Maybe sudden blindness? Or an allergic reaction to grass (been there) ?

Juve seem to have issues with balancing the books following Ronaldo, De Ligt and putting them on huge wages. Ramsey too. So they have sold Kean, trying to get rid of Dybala, Mandzukic, basically anyone they can! So rejigging right back and getting £26m is a way of generating some quick cash for them.

Are we looking at Cancelo as back up to Walker or may Cancelo be our first choice??
I think this year you'll see him gradually phased in to the team like Bernardo but I wouldn't be surprised if he was starting most games the following season when Kyle will be 30 and by that time he'll be much more familiar with how we play.

myb Pep will start use Walker as CB or the right CB in the back three

Mendy Cancelo
Laporte Stones Walker

or this is ... to defensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.