Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loan move?
PMSL.

We don't need to do him or Madrid any favors by keeping him in the spotlight. Let him run out his contract on the golf course and polish his CL medals. Unless there has just been no leaks it doesn't look like any other club in Europe are interested in him and his only option was China, we don't need him.
If he chopped his wages by 2/3 & came on a free, I wouldn't say no.

Real must have known that they were signing up to close on £160m when they did the deal. Bale and his camp will hold them to that deal - how anyone in Madrid could of thought it was a good contract to enter into is beyond me. No one will touch Bale even if it’s a free and Real pay half the wages. Under any scenario Perez and Madrid are taking a bath here.

Easy player to slag off but he is class and can be a game changer. Not too sure why all the vitriol on here?
We could do worse than loan him (hg) if Sane leaves (as long as the deal doesn't blow our wage structure). Would free up an overseas spot (cb?). Think Sane will stay though.

I can't see us replacing Sane this late into the window. Ironically, this (a loan) is probably the only deal that we could pull off at this stage.
But it's never going to happen. Far too injury prone and he'd demand the kind of wages that will unsettle our existing players. I think he'll stay at Madrid and hope that he can outlast Zidane.

It’s just an impossible situation for Bale and Madrid. Say Real offered him on a years loan with them paying half his wages - would we go for that? At the end of the year Real could say - okay he’s yours for free - just take in the balance of his contract- we’d run for the trees.

I reckon the best Real can hope for is to save a third of his wages over the remainder of his contract. The China deal was probably the best scenario for them. Perez clearly can’t face the prospect of writing off Bales asset value but at the same time the wage liability is killing him and he’s got a manager who won’t use the player.

I'm pretty sure Bale is waiting for Zidane to get the boot and hope the next manager gives him a fair chance. The long and short is that Bale isn't even worth half of his wages to any new club, certainly not a a 3 to 4 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.