Simeone dig at City

more full quotes needed on this forum sometimes!
I think it’s just what we don’t need so we can have yet another thread where we can all be outraged and complain it’s not fair! Christ, it doesn’t half get tedious sometimes.
The finest football team I’ve ever seen, winning more things than I could ever have imagined, coached by one of the best coaches in history (and he might well be the best), a stadium that it’s a pleasure to watch football in and a club structure in place that will probably outlast us all.
Apparently, that’s still not enough, we want everyone to like us as well. A foreign manager trying to say that city look like they will have a very defined way of playing going forward, doesn’t look like the end of the world as we know it.

Here's what he actually said by the way.

Q - Is the manager obliged to follow the spirit of the club?

Simeone -When we the managers arrive at a club, we need to understand its history. If we don't understand it, we are destined to have a worse than a better time. If I don't feel that essence, I don't go. From the moment I agree to go, the healthiest and noblest thing that the manager do is to ask: "What is the history of this club? And to mold your style of play to the history of that club, without ceasing to be you, from that very moment.

Ajax has a defined school. Barcelona have it, Juventus has it too. And Atlético de Madrid, too. Not [Real] Madrid. Because they alternate the different ways of playing based on the talent avalaible. And there are teams that are being born, like Guardiola's [Manchester] City, which doesn't have a history [of playing a certain way], but it is slowly closing in on what Guardiola is showing it as a path. And maybe in 10 years we'll say, "City plays in a certain way". We'll have to see if post Guardiola comes someone to change what he's proposing now. But of course it's important to manage the club's history; the fans need to see what's familiar to them, and it's easier for the players to get closer to what the club asks of them when the club has its history defined.
The thread subject is incorrect.

This is a pretty nothing comment from Simeone. He’s talking about the history of a way of playing.

To be fair to us if you know about “The Revie Plan”, our very attacking sides from the 1960s and 70s, or our very attacking side under Keegan; we do have a history of being an attacking outfit.

But like he said, he would find that out when he asks “what is the history of this club?” “and to mould your style of play to the history of that club”.

Simeone, a cheating thug of a player fits the history of cheating atleti sides of the past, 1974 was an absolute disgrace.

Lisbon Lions skipper Billy McNeill said: “Real were the aristocrats of Europe, Atletico the scum. 40 years on, just mentioning them fills me with revulsion.”

This lack of history dig boils my piss, are they just that fucking dumb not to let the truth actually bother them?

Be careful what you say about him, he looks like the main character from"dead mans shoes".

Wasn’t it an ex City player who went over to Ajax and taught them how to play about 60 fucking years ago?
Where’s fucking Rabin![/QUOTE

I believe so, an old blue in my local was telling me such sometime ago.
The Revie plan was obviously also ours.

I've read it.

You said here's 'what he actually said' and put your own interpretation (or someone else's) of what he said in square brackets next to what he actually said. So you're not quite quoting what he said so it's a waste of my time reading it back.

I'm commenting on what he actually said: 'City of Guardiola, who has no history' which is, as we all know, fucking nonsense.
It's pretty obvious in context he meant "historical playing style". He's mentioning the "Ajax school", "the Barcelona school". And he's correct, we don't, that's what we hired Pep for. The exact quote you're picking out is just a wonky translation. Calm down.

The thread subject is incorrect.

This is a pretty nothing comment from Simeone. He’s talking about the history of a way of playing.

To be fair to us if you know about “The Revie Plan”, our very attacking sides from the 1960s and 70s, or our very attacking side under Keegan; we do have a history of being an attacking outfit.

But like he said, he would find that out when he asks “what is the history of this club?” “and to mould your style of play to the history of that club”.

Almost got angry for nothing lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.