Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, they booed the national anthem because of the 1845 potato famine and because a majority of their fellow countryman voted to leave the EU?

In hindsight I don't know why I couldn't work that out for myself at the time!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...hy-did-they-boo-jacob-rees-mogg-a9039561.html

Edit: On the whole Liverpool wanted to remain thing 58.2% voted remain, clearly a bigger majority than the rest of the country but hardly an overwhelming majority.

And what about other areas of Liverpool, do they not allow fans from the areas below to support them?

District Leave Remain
St Helens 58% 42%
Halton 57.4% 42.6%
Warrington 54.3% 55.7%
Knowsley 51.6% 48.4%
Cheshire West and Chester 50.7% 49.3%
Wirral 48.3% 51.7%
Sefton 48.1% 51.9%
Liverpool 41.8% 58.2%
How dare you put Warrington in a Liverpool area, Warrington is fuck all to do with Liverpool or Merseyside, and never has been.

they are a really weird breed for sure. if you dare disagree with them on social media etc they try to hunt you down and set up fake accounts etc. i had an argument with one the other day about the fight on the tube video. they get so indignant if someone dares challenge them. luckily i live in the south now as i used to spend most of my days thinking of if i killed one of them how could i dispose of the body and would i get away with it.
Don't you bump into more of them in the south?

Don't you bump into more of them in the south?
Probably and sometimes they are the worst type as they assume you support them. They are weird though as they fill up the pubs to watch them play the rags, arsenal, chelsea etc but don't understand the Everton rivalry. If I get in conversation with them I usually say I go more to Anfield as an away fan than they ever will. I work for a red but he is from liverpool and we never discuss the game really.

For roughly 200 years Liverpool was a rock-solid Conservative stronghold! In fact when the Liverpool & Manchester Railway opened in 1830 the Tory Liverpool MP William Huskisson was run over by Stephenson's Rocket on the opening day and died at Eccles that evening. Manchester didn't even have an MP then, and wasn't to get one until 1832, not having had one since 1660.
Oliver Cromwell had given Manchester its first MP during his time as Lord Protector but with the death of Cromwell, the ineptitude and reluctance of his son Richard to rule and the subsequent Restoration of the Monarchy when Charles II took to the throne in 1660 republican Manchester lost its MP while Liverpool's MP Gilbert Ireland was knighted!
Considering they're the 'istree club if you ever get into a discussion with them about the history of their actual city they're not so forthcoming! Seems that like the club (didn't win the FA Cup until 1965), their left-wing history is a relatively recent thing, only dating back to the early 1970s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.