VAR (PL introduction 2019)

The one I picked up on yesterday was they said that the VAR has picked up an attempted kick towards Bernie by Trent AA. They then indicated that the officials had deemed no further action as it had not connected. Well last I looked in the laws of the game attempting to kick your opponent was classed as violent conduct and should be an automatic red. Nowhere does it state that you have to connect with attempted kick, punch, head butt etc
He should have been at least booked for the preceding challenge, he tried to run straight through Bernie.

For offside, It kind of depends where the VAR official decides when the ball was passed/headed/touched. The rules where changed a few years ago to indicate that the decision point was now as soon as the ball is touched (replacing the previous decision point when the ball was released).
I have no problem with this, the problem I have is that this decision point is never shown as part as the TV VAR decision, so how can it be validated? There just isn't any transparency.

On offside, wondering if anyone can clear this up. On Sunday, we rightly got flagged a couple of times when Jesus and Ilkay (i think) were a touch ahead. Flag went up and the game stopped. Are we not supposed to play on now and then check? Given that players typically stop if they spot the flag, should the linesperson not keep the flag down now unless it's blatant?

The one I picked up on yesterday was they said that the VAR has picked up an attempted kick towards Bernie by Trent AA. They then indicated that the officials had deemed no further action as it had not connected. Well last I looked in the laws of the game attempting to kick your opponent was classed as violent conduct and should be an automatic red. Nowhere does it state that you have to connect with attempted kick, punch, head butt etc
Yeah but but it wasn't Pertov or Dunnymonster so it's different.

On offside, wondering if anyone can clear this up. On Sunday, we rightly got flagged a couple of times when Jesus and Ilkay (i think) were a touch ahead. Flag went up and the game stopped. Are we not supposed to play on now and then check? Given that players typically stop if they spot the flag, should the linesperson not keep the flag down now unless it's blatant?

That's right, as I understand it. Maybe it was obvious to the linesperson from being in line.

That is the instructions that referees in the Champions League have been given. Let VAR deal with the tight decisions only put the flag up if its definately offside.
I'm convinced that In the Premier League it will be used differently to bend match results.

That is the instructions that referees in the Champions League have been given. Let VAR deal with the tight decisions only put the flag up if its definately offside.
I'm convinced that In the Premier League it will be used differently to bend match results.

Yep. Flag stays down on 'tight' decisions, only flag if obvious. So that will depend, of course, what colour shirt he's wearing.

I've a question on VAR , doesnt everyone?

On Sunday, KDB was flagged immediately as being offside, [presume official flagged immediately, as they believed it was 100% offside]

and I believe EPL officials flag immediately if they believe it to be 100% offside]. However, officials are only human of course. I've been

at the match and thought us or our opponents were miles offside or not, then seeing it later thinking, well how wrong was I [or the official].

If the player ignores official and refs whistle and plays on, will he be booked for dissent?

If so, what happens when that 100% offside flag, is made closer to goal and player decides to shoot and "scores", is that "goal" VAR checked

or not? Before or after refs whistle? Could you still be booked for dissent afterwards even if VAR checks & finds official offside call was wrong?

I think this year you are still booked for taking your shirt off or excessive celebrations even if VAR decide it's not a goal, as it was your intention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.