Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joao Cancelo has passed his Manchester City medical and was shown round the City Football Academy this afternoon. It is likely – though not certain – that the Portugal international will be presented to fans at the stadium tomorrow afternoon.

City are planning to coordinate the announcement with Juventus doing the same with Danilo , who is in Turin finalising his move in the opposite direction.

The deals for Joao Cancelo and Danilo are separate, with Cancelo – according to Italian sources – costing Manchester City £27 million. With Danilo valued at the £26 million, it makes a package of £53 million - Juventus' asking price for Cancelo. [@ManCityMEN]

Great business for City this - Danilo did a great job for us but I never remember thinking - sh*t why isn’t Danilo playing today ? Hopefully, Cancelo adds another dimension and pushes Walker as well. Really happy with this window.

He’s moved about a bit this fella. Hopefully Pep can get some longevity out of him here.
I don`t know how you make that out seeing he was at Benfica for 3 years,Valencia for 3 years,Inter Milan on loan and then a great move for the lad to Juve.
Hardly call that moving about.What he has done has shown each club to be a very good player.
2012–2014 Benfica B 51 (3)
2014–2015 Benfica 1 (0)
2014–2015Valencia (loan) 10 (0)
2015–2018 Valencia 64 (2)
2017–2018Inter Milan (loan) 26 (1)
2018– Juventus

in this case also, he wanted to leave Juventus and join City. He apparently made the Juve board aware of this.

He was not pushed from Juve.

I don`t know how you make that out seeing he was at Benfica for 3 years,Valencia for 3 years,Inter Milan on loan and then a great move for the lad to Juve.
Hardly call that moving about.What he has done has shown each club to be a very good player.
2012–2014 Benfica B 51 (3)
2014–2015 Benfica 1 (0)
2014–2015Valencia (loan) 10 (0)
2015–2018 Valencia 64 (2)
2017–2018Inter Milan (loan) 26 (1)
2018– Juventus

Jesus Oakie! Thanks for highlighting my point.

That’s an average of 1.75, hardly longevity!

Edit: It’s actually not 1.75 if you include city. That’s 5 clubs in 7 years. It’s actually a move every 1.4 years.

Absolutely chuffed to have been completely wrong on this. Rodri and Cancelo, with Angelino (who will come good, give him time, for God's sake). A great, great close season. If Mendy can get back to some sort of fitness, the attacking options this gives us on both flanks simply cannot be dealt with by opposing defences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.