Today's shooting in America thread

It’s the political narrative in the country, a shell game of distracting an increasingly uninformed public while corporate America collects their cash. Trump is the new flavor but DC has been littered with versions of this as long as I have been alive - its a broken system led by special interests & corporate elite

Nevertheless gun control & NRA are not the crux of the problem - I’ve said it before but there is a culture of violence that needs more work than legislation. There are more guns per capita in many other countries that have none of the problems the US suffer from - the guns help but it’s more than that but that requires a level of societal introspection I struggle to see happening anytime soon
more guns per capita in many other countries...really?

Trump is an imbecile but not one administration in decades has done anything but capitulate to NRA
Republicans don't tackle the NRA so how can they capitulate? Trump speaks at their conventions and is idolised.

Obama knew he was pissing in the wind, even after Sandyhook his hands were tied.

Trump is an imbecile but not one administration in decades has done anything but capitulate to NRA

Not an executive branch issue; it's a legislative branch issue. The President can preach all he wants, but when the House and Senate vote down or refuse to bring to the floor gun control initiatives like a strengthening and extension of the Assault Weapons ban (as Dianne Feinstein has tried to, repeatedly), there's not a ton the President can do.

Not an executive branch issue; it's a legislative branch issue. The President can preach all he wants, but when the House and Senate vote down or refuse to bring to the floor gun control initiatives like a strengthening and extension of the Assault Weapons ban (as Dianne Feinstein has tried to, repeatedly), there's not a ton the President can do.
Certainly not when the Senate majority leader took over a MILLION DOLLARS from the NRA. I think they call that 'being in the pocket'.

It’s the political narrative in the country, a shell game of distracting an increasingly uninformed public while corporate America collects their cash. Trump is the new flavor but DC has been littered with versions of this as long as I have been alive - its a broken system led by special interests & corporate elite

Nevertheless gun control & NRA are not the crux of the problem - I’ve said it before but there is a culture of violence that needs more work than legislation. There are more guns per capita in many other countries that have none of the problems the US suffer from - the guns help but it’s more than that but that requires a level of societal introspection I struggle to see happening anytime soon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

It isn't even close. The USA has by far the most guns per capita. It is the culture that has become a problem though.

Figures for Indonesia look a bit suspect.

A lot of them do, but even if not, you figure the USA number is close to right and is 2x #2 (which is the Falkland Islands with 3K people), 12x the straight-average nation and 20x the median.

The average American owns 1.2 guns. That 50% more than the average number of cars person in America (.8). Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.