Sky + Box

My box is ancient but i've resisted the Q as i know a few people who say it crashes a lot and i'm not sure i want it to be dependent on my broadband ??
Q is far better than Sky +. I held off for a long time, like you. Q is better and you should be able to get a really good deal to change.

agree with you both @karen7 and @George Hannah - we’ve also stuck with Sky + Hd rather than go to Q. They did try and flog the latter but were ok when I declined it. We don’t need/want multi-room, and don’t have a UHD tv, so I don’t quite see the need for it
I never see the point in having something all singing all dancing that costs you more if you don't need it

agree with you both @karen7 and @George Hannah - we’ve also stuck with Sky + Hd rather than go to Q. They did try and flog the latter but were ok when I declined it. We don’t need/want multi-room, and don’t have a UHD tv, so I don’t quite see the need for it
We also run a combined Sky/Freeview signal round the house and through a DVD recorder - none of which is possible with Q unless you buy an expensive RF Modulator and other kit. All of this is easily done with a late version Sky+ box (Model No. RO21.089.52.00P Version 4f31b0)

Last edited:
I never see the point in having something all singing all dancing that costs you more if you don't need it

Absolutely Karen, it’s not an aversion to new tech for me, it’s just that I’m genuinely not interested in what it offers

Am I missing something here? As a sky customer when you sign up do you own the box? So if you cancel you get to keep the box? If not then surely sky should be giving you a free replacement box, otherwise what is the point of a paying customer not being able to use the service

Am I missing something here? As a sky customer when you sign up do you own the box? So if you cancel you get to keep the box? If not then surely sky should be giving you a free replacement box, otherwise what is the point of a paying customer not being able to use the service
I'm not sure now but it was that sky wouldn't let you keep the old box if they replaced it with a new box,they are terrified someone will find a way to get your recording off the old box and you did used to have to pay them to come and give you the new box,i think it's better to get a new box off amazon then they can't take the old box off you,they want full control over you and try and get you up to the Q which costs you more a month

The Q boxes are only loaned and to be returned at the end of your subscription but they give you months to do this which gives you more time to hammer out a realistic deal. The sky 2 Q boxes are a fine old piece of kit with a user friendly platform allowing you to record 6 programs at once.

Sky+ you own the box and Sky Q you rent.

When we went to Sky Q we kept both of our Sky+ boxes. Gave one to somebody at work but if the OP is still looking for one, I've got one he can have FOC.

The Q boxes are only loaned and to be returned at the end of your subscription but they give you months to do this which gives you more time to hammer out a realistic deal. The sky 2 Q boxes are a fine old piece of kit with a user friendly platform allowing you to record 6 programs at once.

Why on earth would I need / want to record 6 programmes at once?! The mind boggles, genuinely. I barely have time to watch everything from 2 recordable channels at once. On the rare occasions I need to record 2 at once, if there’s a third it can normally be found on catch up, iplayer etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.