Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read some German media and Bayern forums. Not much optimism there, no one seems to know what's happening. Maybe there is quite a gap in our and theirs evaluations of Sane which makes the transfer not particularly likely right now. They should pay big money and seem reluctant to do it.

If Sane wasn't super quick he'd be average. Saying that however his speed is a devastating game changer and would take some replacing. I hate saying this but if we knew this was in the offing earlier we should have took a gamble on the lad James from Swansea who is also a sprinter pretending to be a footballer. It's not as if we didn't know he existed as he tore us to pieces during that cup tie.

Personally I'd not let him leave. Forget missing out on any prospective fee, just accept that we signed him for £37m and we get 5 years usage. In relative terms that's a cost of £7.4m a year and modest wages on top. In short even if he sees out his contract and leaves for nothing it will have been amongst the best £50-60 million we've ever spent.

You think all Sane's got is speed? Seriously!

looking forward to the day when i don't have to read about Sane's future. Transfers happen all the time, nothing unusual, and i appreciate things are going on behind the scenes but surely letting it drag on this long is bad for the dressing room. Perhaps now the players are back together and the unrest will be more damaging to team spirit, someone in this transfer triangle will make a fucking decision and let us know. At least it has lifted my respect for Gareth Barry

10 goals/assists a season, hes easily our best option on the left, especially if sterling is playing up top or on the right. Our only left footed left winger, quickest/most explosive player. He will be a loss for sure and needs replacing if he goes.

this

If Sane wasn't super quick he'd be average. Saying that however his speed is a devastating game changer and would take some replacing. I hate saying this but if we knew this was in the offing earlier we should have took a gamble on the lad James from Swansea who is also a sprinter pretending to be a footballer. It's not as if we didn't know he existed as he tore us to pieces during that cup tie.

Personally I'd not let him leave. Forget missing out on any prospective fee, just accept that we signed him for £37m and we get 5 years usage. In relative terms that's a cost of £7.4m a year and modest wages on top. In short even if he sees out his contract and leaves for nothing it will have been amongst the best £50-60 million we've ever spent.

You will catch a few with that

You think all Sane's got is speed? Seriously!
I'd say it's his no1 asset and if he didn't have it he wouldn't even be at Zaha's technical level. He consistently get caught offside, which is effectively losing possession, whilst his finishing is not Mbape standard.

As I've said, he's rocket quick but without it the rest of his game is so so! In fact, have you ever seen him even head a ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.