Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it’s huge.

Sané is one of the best attacking wide players in world football.

Zinchenko wouldn’t start at any top club on the wide left and would likely struggle there playing for a mid tier club as well.
Absolutely. I would think that he would be more suited to a more central midfield role if moved from left full, I believe he has played there are international level. As such I would see him as more a replacement for our other German rather than Sane.

we have now hit a 1000 Pages and as we are hovering over TDD the overwhelming opinion is however flawed Sane gives us something different and most negativity is based on If he leaves which at present he has failed to do infact he has ,despite lack of game time handled this with dignity and I wish him well if he chooses to go Obviously I want him to stay and show his intent by signing his contract It has been suggested if he went they would like to see Jesus step up, he might have scored the winning penalty but when he came on he did little to impress and this has to be the season that we see the player we hope will be aguero eventual successor as the jury is still out imho

I am not in the slightest devaluing sane, i think my posts here have been consistent enough to show i think him a genuine top player. I just think zinchenko's footballing intelligence and ability is undervalued. but as i say, different players. Zinch has the vision, and the passing ability, what he doesnt have that Sane does (in fairness no other player in our team does) is his pace and finishing.

Fair enough, no point arguing over adjectives, we both agree on a gap in quality, just not so much on the scale.
To be honest mate, you must be seeing things I just don't see.

I don't mean to get on Zinchenko's back, and he's done a OK job "under the circumstances", those being he's not a left back. But he's immeasurably worse than Sané. He gets like 1 assist or goal per season, passes backwards 90% of the time, has very limited footballing skill, no vision and is altogether a bit "meh". I'd rate him as the worst player in our squad.

I have a terrible feeling, being that Sane in some years will be a world-class footballer, and that we will regret him leaving.
Speaking against this is the fact that most of the players that leave City never have great (well, better...) careers afterwards.

To be honest mate, you must be seeing things I just don't see.

I don't mean to get on Zinchenko's back, and he's done a OK job "under the circumstances", those being he's not a left back. But he's immeasurably worse than Sané. He gets like 1 assist or goal per season, passes backwards 90% of the time, has very limited footballing skill, no vision and is altogether a bit "meh". I'd rate him as the worst player in our squad.
Go easy on him. I think he has more ability than you give him credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.