Which moments from our history would you want to retrospectively check using VAR?

Sky are doing a feature on VAR ahead of the new season, and have asked which moments from our history would you want to retrospectively check using VAR. Any suggestions?

A couple that sprung to mind for me were the ridiculous penalty that Alan Wiley gave at Old Trafford in the FA Cup game in '96, and also the handball Phil Dowd gave against Micah at Anfield in the League Cup semi in 2012.

The assassination of JFK ... where City dominated the grassy knoll but were outshot.....

That was probably the single most blatant bit of cheating I've ever seen from a referee. Alan Wilkie his name was, and it was his first United game since he sent Cantona off at Selhurst Park that time, so the crowd were on his back and he was desperate to atone for his "crime".

Yeah, this is the one for me. Makes my blood pressure rise just thinking about it.

VAR , with "hindsight" i would love to confirm we (City) did really sign Bert Trautmann or was it just a dream .

Anyone surprised Sky picked this incident to look at?

Surprisingly they were happy with the on-field decision, for a second I thought they'd be right behind the scouse media.

Last edited:
Kyle Walker's push on Raheem Sterling, blatant penalty. Premier league match v Spurs in a 1-2 defeat at home in 15/16 season. Definite push on Sterling in penalty area.

Kyle Walker's push on Raheem Sterling, blatant penalty. Premier league match v Spurs in a 1-2 defeat at home in 15/16 season. Definite push on Sterling in penalty area.
That one annoyed me more than any other because it just showed why players dive in the box. If you try and stay honest, you get fuck all from referees even when blatantly fouled.

In fact, I'd want to VAR the whole of that game. One of the most one-sided refereeing performances I've ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.