Next Captain

I disagree that KDB is a front runner. I can't deny how good a footballer he is, but he's had his moments (let me talk!/Getting angry after getting injured v Crystal Palace).

For me it should be David Silva or Fernandinho this year and then Sterling once they move on.
Ages ago(i think) he has matured a lot and wouldn't do that anymore if he was the captain

The only choice for me is Kev. He's already the leader on the pitch and has been outspoken off of it as well. I'd love for us to have a little more of his competitive edge.

I think it'll be David for his 10th year and then a long term one next year, with KDB the obvious front runner.

If we're giving it to club legends as a sendoff of sorts then surely Sergio would get it the following season in his 10th and final year.
I agree this would set up a bad precedent. Last year and the year before Silva was captain often just as a stand-in. Now that Kompany left they should be picking the 'real' captain. Having to go through this process again next year kinda lowers the value of 'captain', for whatever value it has anyway.

I disagree that KDB is a front runner. I can't deny how good a footballer he is, but he's had his moments (let me talk!/Getting angry after getting injured v Crystal Palace).

For me it should be David Silva or Fernandinho this year and then Sterling once they move on.
In case you hadn't noticed, most captains are fiery. After Vinnie, I would say Kev is the most fiery one.

I see Rodri becoming the captain in a couple years. Calming presence on the pitch, speaks the language and will be in a good position (on the pitch). A unit as well which always has a an impact when squaring up to other players or the ref ;)

In case you hadn't noticed, most captains are fiery. After Vinnie, I would say Kev is the most fiery one.
There's a difference between fiery and moany though and Kev tends to go moany. I think he gets flustered.

The way he leads is on the pitch, dragging the team forwards with his directness and you don't need to be captain to do that. I don't think his personality is particularly captain like tbh.

There's a difference between fiery and moany though and Kev tends to go moany. I think he gets flustered.

The way he leads is on the pitch, dragging the team forwards with his directness and you don't need to be captain to do that. I don't think his personality is particularly captain like tbh.
All valid points. Alternatively, it could be the making of him, and he could be even better than ever.

So tomorrow will be announcement of the new city Captain, based on the players vote.

Love the approach that the players get their say.

Personally can’t see passed Spanish Dave.

Dont think it’s in any doubt, Silvas last season and the longest serving player now, it’s easily him. Dinho and kdb will be his two deputies.

I suspect it was down to him simply being the closest player but I though it was interesting walker took the armband last Sunday when stones and otamendi were on the pitch and even sterling and didn’t pass it on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.