Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real Mancunian has their tea (evening meal) between 5.30 and 6.30pm.

Anyone outside of these parameters is not only not a proper Mancunian they aren’t a proper human being either.

I see, thanks for that! But why do you call a cup of tea your meal? Isn’t it just, a cup of tea?

Teatime is when you have sausages and beans or if you man is very lazy microwaved fish fingers and beans. :-)

High Tea is a name for the evening meal, usually associated with the working class and is typically eaten between 5 pm and 7 pm. ... However, in most of the south of England, the midday meal is almost universally called "lunch", with "dinner" being the evening meal, regardless of social class.

I see, thanks for that! But why do you call a cup of tea your meal? Isn’t it just, a cup of tea?

Don't come on here being all sophisticated... you lot seem to spend most of the afternoon asleep - who eats their tea at 10:0Opm? Personally, I'd get terrible indigestion.

High Tea is a name for the evening meal, usually associated with the working class and is typically eaten between 5 pm and 7 pm. ... However, in most of the south of England, the midday meal is almost universally called "lunch", with "dinner" being the evening meal, regardless of social class.

Posh folk around here - including my son refer to something called lunch ! Although in his case this posh lunch seems to collide with good old breakfast!!!

din·ner
/ˈdinər/

noun

• 1. The main meal of the day, taken around midday or in the evening.

Correct. Tea is taken at 4 p.m. It involves diagonally sliced cucumber sandwiches served on a triple-tiered silver-plated tray, which is shared with scones and small cakes. As for the accompanying beverage, China cups and no tea bags, please.

Anything else is uncouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.