"The Athletic" launches in the UK | About to be bought by NYT for $550m (p 32)

I'll give it a try for a year, it's far better than anything in the normal newspapers. They even have a live q&a about transfer deals for today and tomorrow where the reporters update people on current activity.

I'm impressed. Seeing that fat tw@t Ashton have a meltdown on Twitter was the main reason I subscribed - but actually the content is strong. Good article on the rule change about leaving players in the box from a goal kick and also a nice piece on Ilkay. Long may it continue.
Could you link me up on here as he blocked me on there.

I've been hesitant to get it over here in the States but I think I'm going to give it a go knowing there's plenty of City and footy coverage to go along with the American sports coverage.

I see Pitt-Brooke's twitter now says he covers Spurs and other London clubs for the Athletic. Pretty much matches what he's covered for the Indie for the last few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.