Welcome Joao Cancelo

This is a game changing signing, this allows us even more tactical fluidity and is the final piece in the jigsaw as far as I’m concerned. Rodri was desperately needed and absolutely had to be done but this signing of Cancelo means we have the technical ability to play out of any press. It gives us width of the right hand side to free up Bernardo/Mahrez to come inside and also means De Bruyne will be free to cause fucking mayhem from slightly deeper against park the bus teams (e.g. rag scum).

Walker will still be crucial at right back but the slow transition into a centre back to protect his athleticism is 100% happening.

We’re in for a fucking treat again this season boys and girls.

£34 million for Danilo. Txiki take a bow son.

Not sure how the accounting works, but to me it is net £26m for Cancelo. I believe City valued him around 45-50, so that means we effectively sold Danilo for 19-24m. Still really good going.

Nice to actually come out on the right side of an Italian negotiation.

Having Mendy/Zinchenko/Cancelo as the wingbacks, allows us to have an ideal back three for our system:

RCD | Walker - athleticism and pace to cover the long/through ball

CCD | Stones - ball playing centre half for on-the-ground passing/distribution

LCD | Laporte - great 1v1 defender who can spray cross-field passes to wingers/wingbacks up the pitch

ALT | Otamendi - strong, no-nonsense defender, great in the air, who can be brought in for one of the three above depending on opposition/tactics

ALT | Dinho - similar to Stones, but can drop there in possession when we aren’t playing a formal back three

Not sure how the accounting works, but to me it is net £26m for Cancelo. I believe City valued him around 45-50, so that means we effectively sold Danilo for 19-24m. Still really good going.

Nice to actually come out on the right side of an Italian negotiation.

The fact that both he and Rodders both have the same eagerness to be here and he also seems like a really nice lad is great to see. As has been said many times before this is not just about the football technique, but about the players attitude and whether he will gel with the squad. Looks like we have got another good lad. This lads not here for the ride either, would not be surprised to see him become a fan favourite and nail down the position over the season. Compare the video of this lads happiness to be here and Harry’s :)

What do you make of this deal? Juventus in danger of FFP or what?

Not in danger of FFP but we obviously wanted to sell him for money. We're quite shit at selling, here's hoping we can sell either Rugani or Khedira to Arsenal (both would be perfect) like the rumours said.

Yeah I know its a Youtube vid and the background music is shite as usual but he does look good going forward...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.