Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF being the word.

I don't, and never have thought they were bad, and Pep's reaction when he was injured on Sunday said to me they are fine. bayern tapped him up, but they never had the money to buy him, he (his reps) were clearly going to accept the reported offer from bayern (who wouldn't), but they never even put in an offer. Our offer is there (I don't think its 18 months, more like 12 by the way), and its a good one, and we usually look after our own, so hopefully we will honour what we put on the table, and he feels the love from the club. The rumour about him telling Pep and the players he wanted out, looks like the bollocks I thought it was, judging from the very good wishes he's getting from his teammates, again I hope he realises how good he has it here, he's going to have a long time to think about it now.
Im not going to disagree with anything you have said as ultimately, we don't know what is fact or fiction. I think us having had our offer on the table for a good time has indicated our goodwill, and Sane (through whatever reason) hadn't signed it. Eventually, it will all come out in the wash

Most teams will cop for 1 of these a season
Let's hope this is our 1

KdB has tweeted the only response that anyone connected with City can possibly have to Leroy's awful injury - that he is a friend and colleague and will be supported throughout his ordeal. I think those who can remember the disgraceful Paul Lake was treated by the club when he suffered serious injury still feel ashamed that the club could handle Paul and his injury so insensitively and incompetently. The career of a gifted and exciting player was ended unnecessarily and he suffered pain and other problems for years. The only issue facing Leroy and club now is getting him the best medical care and attention possible and giving him all support necessary. This is, of course, is automatic now for a club as professional and compassionate as City, especially after Benjamin Mendy's injuries and KdB so I think the absolute priority will be getting the lad back to match fitness then discussing his future, but not with the new contract as a form of coercion.

Brilliant job posting all those, nice one. Heartening to see those comments coming in from team mates.

On a side note, can anyone clarify as I didn’t see the match live, did he get injured after being “tackled” by Alexander Arnold, - or was it a freak injury/fall with no other player responsible, which was just one of those things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.