VAR (PL introduction 2019)

they have been learning VAR for 2 seasons even running in the back ground in premier league games, so am not having any its a learning lesson bollocks and its was in a major final with the community shield at stake, so again it should not be happening and the lady line official even lost control at a throw inn for god sake ???
The trial of VAR was not on the pitch,the officials now they are involved for real need to learn it,the linesmen/women have a tough job now,i think the not flagging is a bit confusing for all,she is flawless normally

I watched the debate on Sky Sports with Neil Swabrick who is the PLs VAR guru. He explained that in the PL this season linesmen will flag for offsides as normal, but the referees will delay the whistle if there is a goal scoring chance. So it seems the officials might have acted in line on Sunday. Why we have to be different to the rest of football I’ll never understand.

I watched the debate on Sky Sports with Neil Swabrick who is the PLs VAR guru. He explained that in the PL this season linesmen will flag for offsides as normal, but the referees will delay the whistle if there is a goal scoring chance. So it seems the officials might have acted in line on Sunday. Why we have to be different to the rest of football I’ll never understand.
I posted this yesterday copied from PIGMOL itself

These are the rules off the PIGMOL site today

VAR will monitor the matches but will be used only for "clear and obvious errors" or "serious missed incidents" in four match-changing situations:

•Goals

•Penalty decisions

•Direct red card incidents

•Mistaken identity

The final decisions wil be made by the onfield referee

Assistant referees will not flag for tight offside decisions

Factual decisions, such as offside or if a foul was committed inside or outside the penalty area, will not be subject to the "clear and obvious error" test.

This says linesman will not flag for tight offsides but he seems to say they will flag as normal? they are not the same,that's worrying

I posted this yesterday copied from PIGMOL itself

These are the rules off the PIGMOL site today

VAR will monitor the matches but will be used only for "clear and obvious errors" or "serious missed incidents" in four match-changing situations:

•Goals

•Penalty decisions

•Direct red card incidents

•Mistaken identity

The final decisions wil be made by the onfield referee

Assistant referees will not flag for tight offside decisions

Factual decisions, such as offside or if a foul was committed inside or outside the penalty area, will not be subject to the "clear and obvious error" test.

This says linesman will not flag for tight offsides but he seems to say they will flag as normal? they are not the same,that's worrying

spot on matey

the official rule was not to flag and let the play go ?? jesus was was clearly onside not even close or level clearly onside but she guessed and flagged that is wrong ?? and she should be punished and made to go back to school and learn the new rules, 3 or 4 times she made clear mistakes in the first half that is a worry

what if it was a bigger game and the premier league title was up for grabs ?? she knows VAR is in play so why put the flag up, leave it to the VAR team that's what they are here to do and stop the mistakes ?? clearly she was not on the same page and she knew the mistakes because it was written all over her face when the tv zoomed in on her

VAR and the match officials are going to have to be working right from game one/day one, forget this its a learning lesson for the officials ?? no its not they have been using it for 2 seasons and in cups games and europe so please don't try and fools us, also its the premier league and every game and points count from game one, so managers and players are going to be in the firing line and careers are on the line here, and dare VAR getting it wrong because why bother is the systems is getting it wrong why not just leave it to the match officials

spot on matey

the official rule was not to flag and let the play go ?? jesus was was clearly onside not even close or level clearly onside but she guessed and flagged that is wrong ?? and she should be punished and made to go back to school and learn the new rules, 3 or 4 times she made clear mistakes in the first half that is a worry

what if it was a bigger game and the premier league title was up for grabs ?? she knows VAR is in play so why put the flag up, leave it to the VAR team that's what they are here to do and stop the mistakes ?? clearly she was not on the same page and she knew the mistakes because it was written all over her face when the tv zoomed in on her

VAR and the match officials are going to have to be working right from game one/day one, forget this its a learning lesson for the officials ?? no its not they have been using it for 2 seasons and in cups games and europe so please don't try and fools us, also its the premier league and every game and points count from game one, so managers and players are going to be in the firing line and careers are on the line here, and dare VAR getting it wrong because why bother is the systems is getting it wrong why not just leave it to the match officials
I agree that's what the rules say. But when have PiGMOL ever followed the rules?

The clip they showed was Harry Kane in the cup against Chelsea last year. There the linesman flagged early but the ref Michael Oliver let play continue until Kane got nailed by the keeper. VAR said it wasn't offside so a penalty was given.

I agree that's what the rules say. But when have PiGMOL ever followed the rules?

The clip they showed was Harry Kane in the cup against Chelsea last year. There the linesman flagged early but the ref Michael Oliver let play continue until Kane got nailed by the keeper. VAR said it wasn't offside so a penalty was given.

so why did the players and jesus stop ???? am not in favour with VAR with the offsides, its still way off being right and so many technical issues that it still can not be 100% right even at wembley the camera angles was not in line for a start, all the replays on BTsport was from the edge of the box so again how can you be 100% right

am giving it 3 games before something fucks up or VAR get its wrong in a big game and teams we be all over it and calling for change, and after the weekend community shield when it was clearly wrong by both match officials and VAR how will it go down in in a high end premier league game when something is on the line

All our lads need to do is play to the whistle.

I'm excited for VAR. It will have teething problems, but you can't put the genie back in the bottle. VAR is here to stay.

The good news is that now, when referees fuck us over, there will be increased scrutiny, as they no longer have the excuse of "I couldn't see it", but rather, "I chose not to see it". A lot harder to affect the outcome of games from now on, because referees can see what we see.

All our lads need to do is play to the whistle.

I'm excited for VAR. It will have teething problems, but you can't put the genie back in the bottle. VAR is here to stay.

The good news is that now, when referees fuck us over, there will be increased scrutiny, as they no longer have the excuse of "I couldn't see it", but rather, "I chose not to see it". A lot harder to affect the outcome of games from now on, because referees can see what we see.

That's pretty much as I see it.
It'll be a lot harder to make excuses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.