West Ham (a) pre-match thread

West Ham United vs City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I already know the answer and it's not that big of a deal(Saturday is better) but I'm going to ask it anyway.

If any team should kick off the season with every other team watching, shouldn't it be the champions?

It would be funny if Liverpool lose and everyone starts fancying their chances against them.

I already know the answer and it's not that big of a deal(Saturday is better) but I'm going to ask it anyway.

If any team should kick off the season with every other team watching, shouldn't it be the champions?

It would be funny if Liverpool lose and everyone starts fancying their chances against them.

I agree, the defending Champions should always open the season at home, should be the early kick-off on the Saturday.

In the Premier League, Leicester are the only champions to play the opening game of season (lost away to Hull). Historically the champions have always played on the Sunday.

The Dippers have a tougher start , as you infer Spurs could be a test , but we are at home and Dirty Dele Ali is out injured , we need a 4 to 6 point lead after the first half a dozen games just to nip the Dipper media frenzy in the bud.
Is Son suspended first two games ?

There is a standard size for PL pitches. They only way pitches are different sizes are if the stadium cannot fit the standard size.

If Sheffield Wednesday were promoted to the PL, then their pitch would conform to PL rules.
Is that true though, because you hear of clubs narrowing/widening their pitches to suit style of play?
And, according to the 'pitch dimensions' thread that I've just seen on here, our pitch is bigger than any other PL pitch.
Either way, whether there is a minimum and maximum size that clubs should comply within, or, the PL has set an exact size pitch that happens to be too big for many clubs to fit in their stadiums, the fact remains that all PL pitches are not "identical in size" as claimed here. Some are bigger than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.