Pundits Predictions.

Every season Lawrenson's predictions are rated against the guest guesses, and every year he comes in behind Zippy, Bungle and George.
He would genuinely get more right by creating a spreadsheet of all league fixtures, putting in a random() function to assign goals for each team to determine score for each match, and then passing those off as his outcome predictions.

Premier League predictions 2019-20: BBC Sport pundits pick top four
By Chris Bevan

BBC Sport

_102851586_1234newff.jpg

Manchester City successfully defended their Premier League title last season - will anyone stop them from completing a hat-trick?

No team has been champions of England for three successive years since Manchester United reigned from 2006-07 to 2008-09, but that is the next target for City boss Pep Guardiola, who has already achieved the feat in Spain (Barcelona, 2008-11) and Germany (Bayern Munich, 2013-16).

Liverpool, who finished a point back, came closest to stopping the City juggernaut last time out, but who will challenge them in 2019-20?

Will the Reds repeat the run of results that led to that near-miss? How will Chelsea fare with Frank Lampard in charge, but without Eden Hazard and under a transfer embargo?

Will Tottenham, who lost 13 league games last season, maintain their challenge this time? Is this when Arsenal get back in the Champions League places after a three-year absence, and are Manchester United serious contenders again after going six years without coming close to the title?

We asked 24 BBC TV and radio pundits to pick their top four with explanations for their selections.

The predictions were made on the basis of how each squad shaped up on Thursday, 8 August, after the deadline for incoming transfers but with the potential for players to leave up until the transfer window shuts in the rest of Europe at the end of August.

Predictor 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Alan Shearer
Liverpool Man City Tottenham Arsenal
Ian Wright Liverpool Man City Tottenham Arsenal
Alex Scott Liverpool Man City Tottenham Arsenal
Sue Smith Liverpool Man City Tottenham Arsenal
Martin Keown Liverpool Man City Tottenham Arsenal
Stephen Warnock Liverpool Man City Tottenham Arsenal
Danny Murphy Liverpool Man City Tottenham Man Utd
Matthew Upson Liverpool Man City Tottenham Chelsea
Ruud Gullit Man City Chelsea Liverpool Man Utd
Karen Carney Man City Liverpool Man Utd Arsenal
Mark Schwarzer Man City Liverpool Chelsea Tottenham
Jermaine Jenas Man City Liverpool Tottenham Arsenal
Paul Ince Man City Liverpool Tottenham Arsenal
Chris Sutton Man City Liverpool Tottenham Arsenal
Leon Osman Man City Liverpool Tottenham Arsenal
Pat Nevin Man City Liverpool Tottenham Arsenal
Michael Brown Man City Liverpool Tottenham Arsenal
Mark Lawrenson Man City Liverpool Tottenham Arsenal
Micah Richards Man City Liverpool Tottenham Man Utd
Lindsay Johnson Man City Liverpool Tottenham Man Utd
Kevin Kilbane Man City Liverpool Tottenham Man Utd
Rachel Brown-Finnis Man City Liverpool Tottenham Chelsea
Chris Waddle Man City Liverpool Tottenham Chelsea
Joleon Lescott Man City Liverpool Tottenham Chelsea
Only five have picked united for fourth, the rest not even in the top four. Staggering.

Warnock and Murphy's all so predictable.

...for the last 30 years.
I think it is Liverpool's year. This time last year when I got asked the same question, I went with Manchester City but predicted Liverpool would be a lot closer. I said if they didn't win it last year, they would this year, and I won't change my mind on that. The likes of David Silva and Fernandinho are getting older, while the injuries pile up. It is a good opportunity for Liverpool, so they will win the league.

Love how he mentions injuries, Fuck all if Liverpools front 3 get injured

I think it is Liverpool's year. This time last year when I got asked the same question, I went with Manchester City but predicted Liverpool would be a lot closer. I said if they didn't win it last year, they would this year, and I won't change my mind on that. The likes of David Silva and Fernandinho are getting older, while the injuries pile up. It is a good opportunity for Liverpool, so they will win the league.

Love how he mentions injuries, Fuck all if Liverpools front 3 get injured
His pain is writ large throughout those words.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.