Gundogan new 4 year contract

This means of our first team players only Silva, Fernandinho, and Bravo have expiring contracts at the end of the season.

This is fairly annoying actually because my old man calls him "gun-doh-gen" to rhyme with "sun-so-when", and I might actually throw him off the balcony if he keeps doing it.

Good player though. Just wish his form wasn't so weirdly spiky, he seems to either have a great game or a terrible game and there's little inbetween. He plays a 10 or a 2. If we could just get him to always play a 7 instead he'd be great for us.
Our passionate support means extreme judgements. I have seen him have a succession of strong 8-9 performances and very, very rarely anything below 6. I've certainly never seen a 2!

Our passionate support means extreme judgements. I have seen him have a succession of strong 8-9 performances and very, very rarely anything below 6. I've certainly never seen a 2!

Yeah, probably a bit hyperbolic on reflection. But I do genuinely believe that the inconsistency of his form is a major barrier for him being the superstar he could have become.

Yeah, probably a bit hyperbolic on reflection. But I do genuinely believe that the inconsistency of his form is a major barrier for him being the superstar he could have become.
Judging on last season he was probably our best player, or one of them, for a third of the season. I've always felt he's a player unfairly judged, especially to Fern. His game is nothing like Fern's and neither is Rodri's so it's a daft comparison. Key is regular appearances as his long lay offs made him rusty, IMO.

Not the most well thought out reply tbh.

If he was 32, he wouldn't be signing a fucking 4 year contract would he ?

Hence the point I'm making. He probably wanted 5, to finish off.

Your post was not well thought out, tbh. He is twenty fucking seven, the prime years, and new contract is never about the length at that age. The length issues in negotiating new contract come when you're north of 30s. It's then year or two or three problem as player asks for more to secure themselves in their late years and clubs are reluctant as they fear performances might drop when you are 32-33. Never ever heard the issue about the length of contract with 27 years old player. Actually, I'm fairly sure it's Gundogan who would not sign too lengthy contract at this age as he'd like to rethink his options when he is 31. It's still age when he can get very solid contract somewhere, paired with a signing fee and 32 would reduce that option.

I tried to do it lightly in first reply, but tbh, your post was utter nonsense :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.