City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

Just put some Manchester music on at half time and have the score on the board. Barely anyone listens to the presenters anyway

So accents are racist now? Might have been insensitive and mildly offensive(not to mention most probably not very funny) but I think the reaction is over the top, delete it and make them both apologise to anyone who was offended. Unless they said something which was racist?

Someone being offended doesn't make it racist either, why do people keep trying to redefine definitions that already exist?

Then again perhaps the club may have felt our lovely press would be all over this if they didn't react strongly.

Last edited:
So accents are racist now? Might have been insensitive and mildly offensive but I think the reaction is over the top, delete it and make them both apologise to anyone who was offended. Unless they said something which was racist?

Someone being offended doesn't make it racist either, why do people keep trying to redefine definitions that already exist?

Then again perhaps the club may have felt our lovely press would be all over this if they didn't react strongly.

Sounds like you have no idea what happened to be fair.

I've only just seen this thread and read what was said.

Even by the pitifully dismal standards of club presenters this was complete and utter shite and they deserve the sack for even thinking it could possibly be amusing. You can't imagine how on hearing it on playback they both thought 'let's get it out there'.

I'm probably as non-PC as it gets these days and I found it to be Bernard Manning on a very bad night dreadful.

Jesus. 'You can't even be racist and homophobic in this day and age, can you? And they've banned Christmas.'

If some of you can't see why what Squeaky and Wingman did was offensive, obstinate and, frankly, only funny if you've had some kind of aneurysm, then it's clear the only agenda you have is that political correctness has somehow gone mad because you have to be considerate and/or thoughtful.

It was toe-curling. Like watching Mike Fucking Read doing that Calypso for UKIP. And if that's the company they're keeping then it's no shock when people find them offensive.

Go on then lets hear you back this up then, this should be fun...

Sounds like a kneejerk reaction to be fair.

In the 'Mr Wong' persona, McClean was recorded saying: 'You like Jackie Chan? Me (sic) like Jackie Chan! We no (sic) have paperwork or Jackie Chan film on plane. You need Jackie Chan film on plane.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.