City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

We have thread after thread about how City are demeaned through incidious lazy cultural stereo typing of Arabs (and dirty oil money) and yet some here expect City to pay people who employ the same tactics. Let them carry on their feeble podcasts to the feeble minded who enjoy them. It is not illegal (it is not inviting hate). People are still free to express themselves if they can find an audience. I run my own business. If i found an employee mocking a client they would get the boot. Simple.

Even if you think it was funny- I personally didn't- you have to admit that only the absolute pinnacle of fucking idiots would record themselves doing that and leave it in the final edit. They were always going to get sacked for it. Club had no choice.

When will the stereotypical mancunian be sacked on soccer am? Does everything have to be deemed offensive rather than light hearted humour.

We'll end up with boring squares pre-match now. I'm offended that people are offended, just as bad in my work place where HR drag in all and sundry based on gossip/lies/Chinese whispers......oh god now I'm in for it!

Pair of unfunny bores no longer have a job they probably shouldn't have had in the first place.

Close the thread.

Nothing in relation to your first sentence either way, pal, but if I had to list the most annoying things about this forum, it would contain only one item, which would be posters who write ‘close the thread’, ‘shut the thread’.
Possibly ‘end of.’ would run it close.

I honestly don’t know what you can and can’t say anymore and I feel sorry sometimes when people get hung out to dry for slip ups they obviously didn’t mean to cause any offence with. Is mimicking someone’s accent offensive? I watched Ramesh Ranganation on tele few weeks back and he was mocking his mum by putting on a stereotypical Indian accent, or is it only ok if you are taking the piss out of your own?
I also thought you couldn’t call people brown or coloured and it was highly offence but I have seen on lots of news interviews recently on the tele (usually MPs talking about Brexit zzzzz) and people are now referring as ‘brown people’ and are using the term ‘people of colour’. I have no idea what you can and can’t say anymore.

I have no idea what you can and can’t say anymore.
Ask them then and if they say they find it offensive don't use it , it really isn't that difficult. It's not for a white English born person to tell people what they should or should not consider offensive or rude. that goes for people of any background that may have been discriminated against in the past or present whether on race, nationality, religion, sexuality whatever. If they find something offensive then it's just common decency and respect not to do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.