VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Just rewatching the dippers game. 56 min. VAR check for Trent Arsehole slapping Bernardo. Alti fan says no red card.

The first few weeks of the season will be farcical. I expect it will settle down once both teams and officials understand it.

Out of Interest...how many match going fans like VAR?

How many telly watchers like it?

Should be a poll....not Graham
We don't need it at home,we can watch it back in 10 secs from sky and bt or however you watch it,at games you can't really tell what is happening at the other end of the pitch,my 2 mates who go to our games will often text me with was that offside or a pen

We don't need it at home,we can watch it back in 10 secs from sky and bt or however you watch it,at games you can't really tell what is happening at the other end of the pitch,my 2 mates who go to our games will often text me with was that offside or a pen
More explanations to fans would be good.

I will never get the energy back, i expended cheering Sterlings winner against the spuds in the chumps league, (I need that energy at my age) it will ruin the experience, always been against it and with each passing day, I'm more against it, scared to fuckin cheer a goal just in case.. It sucks....!!!

Watching Norwich lose to scousers, 3 times linesman flagged Norwich offside and replays show very close (my opinion one offside, one onside, one no idea). However he flagged and the ref stops play surely VAR and instructions should be to play on and sort out afterwards when close, but then again probably so used to giving them in Liverpool favour it was their natural reaction. This is one way it will negatively impact some teams and help others.

None of these decisions would have changed the result, Liverpool were always going to win from the own goal onwards.

Watching Norwich lose to scousers, 3 times linesman flagged Norwich offside and replays show very close (my opinion one offside, one onside, one no idea). However he flagged and the ref stops play surely VAR and instructions should be to play on and sort out afterwards when close, but then again probably so used to giving them in Liverpool favour it was their natural reaction. This is one way it will negatively impact some teams and help others.

None of these decisions would have changed the result, Liverpool were always going to win from the own goal onwards.
Same thing at Wembley mate. This is a real game changer. One defense playing with lino protection, the other not.

I watched the debate on Sky Sports with Neil Swabrick who is the PLs VAR guru. He explained that in the PL this season linesmen will flag for offsides as normal, but the referees will delay the whistle if there is a goal scoring chance. So it seems the officials might have acted in line on Sunday. Why we have to be different to the rest of football I’ll never understand.

The problem with that is that one referee's opinion of a goal scoring chance could be different from another's. So one team gets the chance to score a goal that may be proved onside by VAR and another team gets pulled up for offside that VAR shows to be wrong but won't be broadcast to the people in the stadium. I've always thought this goal scoring opportunity, as in DOGSO which is the same sort of call, to be bollocks. I might not be able to score a goal from there ( these days :o} ) but some of these lads can score or make one from almost anywhere: the one a few years ago that Aguero scored against Liverpool when Reina came off his line or the one Sane scored from KDB's pass against Stoke. If Aguero had been fouled before scoring would a red card have been given or if Sane was flagged off before the pass reached him would the ref think a goal was on and let it go for VAR to call? No chance in either case IMO but the goals wouldn't have happened. It's bollocks to talk about goal scoring chances. You can't define it. In one case, if the defender doesn't think the attacker can score, why commit a desperate foul? And in the other case, who can say whether or not one of these players will hit a first time pass 50 yards onto someone's foot without even looking up. If they are going to play on for tight offsides, then they must do it every time or not at all. They're up the wall. Why bring in a replay system and then rely on the ref's powers of prediction. Not so much back to the future as forward to the past.

I expect the officials and the var officials are sat having breakfast courtesy of BT sport's, and discussing how they can stop us today !! My tongue is only slightly in my cheek with that statement !!!

I expect the officials and the var officials are sat having breakfast courtesy of BT sport's, and discussing how they can stop us today !! My tongue is only slightly in my cheek with that statement !!!
Thats easy, one of the VAR officials today is Stephen Childs - the lino who usually tries to do a job on us (Spuds away 3 seasons ago)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.