Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

McGeehan again. Claiming he’s not a racist and then embarking on a racist tirade in the same Tweet:

McGeehan he misses the bigger picture in the Middle-east and reinforces the prejudice that the problems in the Middle East are of their own making.

The irony is that the the organisation he works for runs out of Washington DC. If he really felt for the migrant workers and refugees he campaigns about, he should be campaigning about US support for Saudi Arabia and Israel, but then if he did that Human RIghts Watch would be shut down overnight.

It’s calculated and deliberate. They know exactly what they’re doing and it amounts to nothing more than racist bullying. If they were actually dealing in real issues and facts then it wouldn’t be so bad. I think the only way to get them is to start tying them up in litigation. City need to spot check every single word they write on a daly basis and of anything is iffy get the lawyers on it.
I don't like the idea of organisations silencing criticism any better than commercially motivated racist criticism of MCFC.

Better to have a politically conscious City fan-base, capable of understanding the world we live in and taking on and defeating reactionary views, than using the law to silence criticism, because in the next breath it will be used to silence you.

He doesn’t actually kill anyone though, he just helps clean up the bodies sort of like a Simon Pearce type character.

Anyway the thing about the whole “sportswashing” debate that gets me, is that the vast majority of these journos only took a huge interest in alleged human rights abuses when City started winning things. So far from washing the allegations away, City’s success is actually highlighting them to a wider audience. Given all the adverse publicity we’ve had over the last year or so I don’t think anyone could argue that the club is being used to launder the UAE’s reputation.
Agreed. I think claims of racism are far of the mark. I think the main issue is that we're winning stuff and these journalists, being of a certain age and having grown up in a time where Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool were winning stuff, are extremely likely to support the teams that aren't winning as much now as a direct result of us (and previously Chelsea). They'll then pick on any old bullshit as a reason to criticise us. Hell, some of the criticisms might even be legitimate, but unless you're also making them about teams that aren't winning things but have 'problematic' ownership models, then you're just revealing yourself as a jealous fan of another club. The main issue that most City fans have is the lack of articles that we had to read when Man Utd were even more dominant (both on the pitch and financially) and the established clubs conspired to fix football finances in their favour for years. And this is the problem with football journalism. You obviously get into football journalism because you love football, but by its very definition, being a football fan prevents you from being objective about the issues in the way journalists should be. Ideally, the sorts of articles looking into club ownership shouldn't be done by sports journalists at all.

It's not a surprise that there seems to be an uptick in these sorts of articles now that we're having a period of success. Every criticism you read in these articles was equally true 5 years ago, and there was obviously still some critical articles back then, but it's pretty telling that the main driver for these articles is our success on the pitch. And let's be honest, our dominance of the last two seasons has been almost entirely down to Pep and Txiki smashing it out of the park, rather than us spending shitloads of money. Obviously we did spend a fair whack of cash too, but we've done that before, as have other teams, without having the level of dominance that we've seen. And I use the term 'dominance,' but let's be clear that we won last season by just 2 points and we've won a grand total of 2 league titles in a row, compared to Bayern (7 in a row), Juventus (8 in a row) and Barcelona (8 in 10 years). Personally, I'd hate to see the Premier League become that, but again, it's a bit rich for journalists to claim to be worried about it when they sat silently by and didn't give a shit about the rags winning it every year in the 90s and early 2000s, or Liverpool winning it constantly in the 80s. What they're actually worried about is that it's not their team dominating. Very few journalists write about the intrinsic financial imbalance deliberately built into football that leads to this dominance year after year.

I'm sure he's equally upset with the Glaizers and Fenway sports with their contribution to Trumps wall and mass shootings. Because there is as much evidence to suggest these two are as state ran, as our Sheikh

I often wonder if North Korea or Iran decided to buy say United or Liverpool whether we would be able to catch a lift on the coat tails of the journalist positivity of such a takeover

When your biggest sponsor, continues to launder hundreds of billions in Dollars from Iranian funding.
It’s probably already happened in the deepest darkest depths of dirty money, dirty hands and dirty Dippers!

Agreed. I think claims of racism are far of the mark. I think the main issue is that we're winning stuff and these journalists, being of a certain age and having grown up in a time where Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool were winning stuff, are extremely likely to support the teams that aren't winning as much now as a direct result of us (and previously Chelsea). They'll then pick on any old bullshit as a reason to criticise us. Hell, some of the criticisms might even be legitimate, but unless you're also making them about teams that aren't winning things but have 'problematic' ownership models, then you're just revealing yourself as a jealous fan of another club. The main issue that most City fans have is the lack of articles that we had to read when Man Utd were even more dominant (both on the pitch and financially) and the established clubs conspired to fix football finances in their favour for years. And this is the problem with football journalism. You obviously get into football journalism because you love football, but by its very definition, being a football fan prevents you from being objective about the issues in the way journalists should be. Ideally, the sorts of articles looking into club ownership shouldn't be done by sports journalists at all.

It's not a surprise that there seems to be an uptick in these sorts of articles now that we're having a period of success. Every criticism you read in these articles was equally true 5 years ago, and there was obviously still some critical articles back then, but it's pretty telling that the main driver for these articles is our success on the pitch. And let's be honest, our dominance of the last two seasons has been almost entirely down to Pep and Txiki smashing it out of the park, rather than us spending shitloads of money. Obviously we did spend a fair whack of cash too, but we've done that before, as have other teams, without having the level of dominance that we've seen. And I use the term 'dominance,' but let's be clear that we won last season by just 2 points and we've won a grand total of 2 league titles in a row, compared to Bayern (7 in a row), Juventus (8 in a row) and Barcelona (8 in 10 years). Personally, I'd hate to see the Premier League become that, but again, it's a bit rich for journalists to claim to be worried about it when they sat silently by and didn't give a shit about the rags winning it every year in the 90s and early 2000s, or Liverpool winning it constantly in the 80s. What they're actually worried about is that it's not their team dominating. Very few journalists write about the intrinsic financial imbalance deliberately built into football that leads to this dominance year after year.

^ this. And only this.

Just lock the fucking lot of them up at our next home game in a very dark room and throw away the key!!
Or better still kick the living shit out of them. I know which option I would choose. I feel a pole coming !!!

100% of all the lies, obfuscation, misinformation and uninformed claptrap, spouted about is from weasels who do not need to account for their actions, are never called out on them by sycophantic listeners, cannot be called out because they refuse to accept their sheep like mentality or have an agenda against us where the truth forms no part of the narrative.... That goes for the media, bitter supporters/managers, trolls and the completely uninformed wasters who have never been to any football ground, let alone the one the club, they claim to support plays at...!

This situation has occurred, not because of money, human rights abuse concerns or a sense of fair play....
It's 100% due to our success on the pitch, we dared to disrupt the status quo... It's that simple really and on reflection, rather fucking satisfying I have to say..... Here's to the dispensing of another, bitter pill prescription season for the haters....
Now bring Sunday on and let's get a new prescription pad out for the Dippers to kick things off...
First prescription successfully dispensed....! Come on City....!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.