Match Thread | West Ham vs Man City (10/08/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stonewall

W4FFlBS.jpg

Unreal
Keep these in a separate thread mate. We can review their +/- at the end of the season

Has the advantage to the striker been fucked off now then when level?
Also, how do you judge when the ball is hit? Ball Impact times can be 0.1 seconds, players can move considerable distances in that time. There has to be at least a margin of 10cm allowed to compensated for that.

Paul Parker

Ex-Fulham and Manchester United defender on BBC Radio London

That's incredible. It can't just be down to the thickness of a shirt. I don't want to talk about it anymore because I feel like I'm repeating myself. It just doesn't make any sense at all to me.

10 minutes ago people were saying "Who the fuck cares what Paul Parker says" when he was criticising us, now he's saying something in our favour his opinion matters all of a sudden.

There is no "clear and obvious" with offside. You're either off or you're not. Every goal gets checked, he's off however bullshit it is.

wind your neck in - VAR was deployed correctly - no abuse of that rule there - the application of the offside rule seems debatable though to me I can see whay it was called offside and it will be fine as long as every such goal is disallowed.
If I did wind my neck in VAR would still say my eyelash was offside.

wind your neck in - VAR was deployed correctly - no abuse of that rule there - the application of the offside rule seems debatable though to me I can see whay it was called offside and it will be fine as long as every such goal is disallowed.
Deployed correctly?

Yep. Sterling is onside in that photo. His should is not as far forward as the defender.

He's offside, that's why the red line across the pitch is ahead of the blue line.

It looks onside because of the angle of the camera we see, but the program that draws the line can correct for that.

The problem here is that it's come down to "Where does Arm end and armpit begin" which is not what VAR is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.