Var debate 2019/20

Thought the disallowed goal looked more legitimate than the one allowed after that which looked a bit offside lol. But what do I know

Can they not continually have an IT system which continually checks whether a player is offside. Should be possible with digital technology. Measuring pixels across a screen
Ai has come a long way . It’s crazy what it can achieve and execute perfectly .

For goal line technology, yes.

For every single aspect of football? No. Otherwise why bother having any officials at all besides the referee?

I think a lot more transparency is needed on how it works. It will also probably take a few seasons to iron out any issues with it. But something tells me it will probably get scrapped at the end of the season.

Am I mistaken, or was the defenders arse what played him onside on his second when everyone thought he WAS offside?! Haha!

The biggest flaw for me is how do VAR know exactly when to freeze frame on the pass. There's no way they can pinpoint the exact moment that the ball leaves the boot.

On such marginal calls like the one today they could be pausing the action a fraction of a second later and in a different game pausing it a fraction of a second earlier, and that could be the difference between the player being offside or not.

I'm all for clear offside goals being disallowed but there's going to be a lot of inconsistency on marginal calls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.