West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Every time I see Walton I think of that Wolves game in 2011 and my blood pressure rises.

Great performance in second gear....

West ham caused some minor issues in the first 20 mins but after that we were comfotable

Great delivery from Walker for the first goal and great finish from Jesus.

Sterling was fantastic al match and Kdb after the first 20 mins was majestic. Silva his normal self (which is at least 8/10 - we have come to expect this and probalby doesnt get the recognition he deserves because he is so consistent.

I singled out Mahrez (and Gabby) needing to step up in the pre match threat. They both did and Mahrez looked a lot more confident - should have scored wityh his chane in the first half when he put two defenders on their arse

Rodri - mostly good - will need to pik up the pace of the prem league as he was caught out a couple of times (got caught in no mands land on a couple of break aways in first half and caught in possession as well once or twice). However he is obviously a very intelligent player and always seems to be there for the second ball - the more and more I watch him he reminds me of a slightly more mobile Gaz Baz who was very underrated. Rodri's passing is excellent and better than ferna's between the lines (though he doesnt cover the ground defensively as ferna does) - overall a lot of positives from him in his first real game.

Laporte is another who goes unnoticed at times (somehow) but he was imperious

VAR needs looking at

West Ham fans should be better than celebrating a not given goal at 2-0 down...i hope we dont go down that road ever (fine to celebrate it at 0-0 when the game is in the balance or close but it never looked like being close)

Lanzini - good player - but how was he not booked - kept going to ground and ref was having none of it so surely at some point needs the yellow card for diving - did it on at least 3 occasions.

Last edited:
And Paul Parker on BT finishes apparently with "I didn't enjoy that." Well, PP, i fuckin' loved it!!
No what he actually said was,

"I just haven't enjoyed what's gone on today. The two finishes (by Raheem Sterling) were very similar. One was given, one was wasn't. We're talking fractions. The penalty, a little bit of common sense, did it really need to be taken again? No, call it a good save. You want that human element sometimes, but we haven't had that today. The game has been ruined by what's gone on"

Which I totally agree with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.