Var debate 2019/20

Peter Walton on BT reckons it's perfect and the lines are for viewing purposes only and the measurements are mathematically accurate. He reckons the measurement is taken from the exactly correct positions on the players bodies too. He did not mention tolerances though! Bollox I think...
At least he's given us a bit more insight into those lines, and it suggests the technology decides not they guy watching it, if true it takes away some of the doubts I have. It highlights an issue though, that we the fan haven't had it explained to us well enough, and someone (broadcaster) should show us how it all works.

i said before the new season VAR needs a new set rules for offside and handball, and today its shown clearly what am trying to say ?? the ball should be more focus on than the player ?? and the replay for the Jesus goal when they flagged sterling offside with a little flick pass from silva, its clear the ball was already gone from the pass in the VAR stills

look we all have to take our medication with VAR like or not, but the first time liverpool or united get done by it then watch the media and tv get behind the club not VAR

It’s going to ruin the atmosphere in the stadium. Problem is the fans will never be able to just let go and celebrate properly, you’ll always be on edge. The days of mental scenes in the stadiums have gone forever and the atmosphere will only be candid and real between goals scored. In the end it’ll be just like watching an NFL game .

I cant imagine anything worse, (except baseball(rounders).

Not it’s biggest fan but the penalty retake was hundred percent correct , Rice was a good three yards inside the box as it was taken and cleared the rebound off the keeper

W4FFlBS.jpg

Totally ridiculous that this could ever be considered offside

It arguably did its job, but the game we knew is alas no more. Would have preferred each team having challenges.

That's a horrible approach. You could have legit reasons to use them in the first 5 mins and if it doesn't go your way then you're screwed for 85 mins. It doesn't work. (Take it from a coach who's sport has them).

The earlier point regarding the offside rule in it's full context about the player seeking to gain an advantage by his position is the real key. VAR concentrates on absolute position being the deciding factor when clearly that was not the intention of the law.
To rule goals offside for those margins is not right taking all the margins into account.
In addition where was VAR on 2 occasions Sterling was sent through and flagged when they were so close I thought the line was supposed to keep his flag down and let VAR decide. Anyone else see Aguero mugged by the centre half when in front of him seeking to get on the end of a Sterling break. No VAR intervention there either.

Unfortunately I think VAR will go against City more than in favour simply because of the way we play & attack compared to other teams.

We normally play & attack with fine margins rather than shooting from distance.

Admittedly an arm pit or elbow offside is ultimately the correct decision but in open play the officials arn’t going to pick it up which VAR will and has. Plus, since we normally have the largest possession & attack more than the opposition a VAR decision will most likely involve us attacking rather than vice-versa. Just my take on things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.