Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
Name them.

Name the people you would rather take penalties and then you'll see they've all got worse records because Aguero is the best, and that's why he's taking them.

This is the problem when people ignore reality and make judgements based on their feelings - there's nothing to agree or disagree with. There's a record of penalties taken and penalties scored, and that's how good someone is, regardless of how you feel about them.

Ok...as i said we will have agree to disagree. However I would give any of the following a go on penalties ahead of Sergio currently. Bernado, Sterling, DeBruyne,Foden, David Silva, Gundogan, Jesus, maybe even Mahrez despite his abortion at Anfield.

I am not saying Auero is a shit player I am saying his penalties have been shjite of late and on that basis we would be better giving another player a crack at it. Sergio has got lucky as well on a few he has scored....today being an example.

Top Premier League penalty takers.

1 Shearer 56 (83.6%)

2 Lampard 42 (86%)

3 Gerrard 32 (74%)

4 Aguero 26 (86.6%)

5 Le Tissier 25 (96%)

6 Roney 23 (74%)

You lot are ridiculous. Aguero's 86.6% is brilliant for someone who has taken so many.

Would it be nice to have a Le Tissier or Yaya type penalty taker who almost never misses? Yeah sure, but no one in the squad is like that. So suck it up and put up with someone who is still one of the best ever.

This all day long. And with riding his luck today he has not missed one in the league for nearly 3 years.

Players from last year's big 6:

Pogba 70%
Hazard 89%
Kane 85%
Milner 88%
Salah 80%
Aubamayeng 71%

Under Pep in the league he is at 11-1 = 91.66%
Couldn't give a shit about this seasons CL yet as that doesn't fully count until the kO stages

Last edited:
Ok...as i said we will have agree to disagree. However I would give any of the following a go on penalties ahead of Sergio currently. Bernado, Sterling, DeBruyne,Foden, David Silva, Gundogan, Jesus, maybe even Mahrez despite his abortion at Anfield.

I am not saying Auero is a shit player I am saying his penalties have been shjite of late and on that basis we would be better giving another player a crack at it. Sergio has got lucky as well on a few he has scored....today being an example.

David Silva? Really? 2 penalties taken and 2 shockers. Agree with you generally though

Gabriel Jesus scores 57% of his penalties 50% in the premier league.

And he's the person you think is more reliable than Aguero who's scored 79% over his career 87% in the league.

Hmm...never really a fan of those percentage calculations especially in this discussion.

What the percentages don’t tell you is god knows how many more penalties Aguero has taken than anyone else in the team. So even if he misses it still won’t affect his percentage total compared a player who has taken less penalties than Kun which has a greater effect on their percentage total.

Maybe you should weight these percentages :-)

Mahrez has missed his last 6 penalties.

Jesus scores 57% - hes actually shit.

Silva has taken two and missed two.

Gundogan has taken 3 in the past 10 years.

Sterling? Really? Really?

Foden? Well I guess if we get a penalty in the last 5 minutes he could be on the pitch, but otherwise hes not even going to be playing for 90% of the penalties we get.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. We have evidence of what these people are like at taking penalties, but you're choosing to ignore all of it.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. We have evidence of what these people are like at taking penalties, but you're choosing to ignore all of it.

I'm with you Dom...... under Pep in the league it is 11-1 for 91.66%.
The other thing with this he probably more than any other player (Jesus aside) needs the penalty goals for confidence and records.

I think the only way it's reasonable to take them off Aguero is if we have a player that is absolutely brilliant from the spot. And I'm not sure we have that.

Foden? Well I guess if we get a penalty in the last 5 minutes he could be on the pitch, but otherwise hes not even going to be playing for 90% of the penalties we get.

doesn't make for pleasant reading tbf.

think the time's come for ederson to throw his hat into the ring...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.