Var debate 2019/20

It will be, they run offsides through software to accurately get the offsides correct.
Within a margin of error (undisclosed).

Which makes these *very* marginal decisions suspect, regardless of consistency of application.

Within a margin of error (undisclosed).

Which makes these *very* marginal decisions suspect, regardless of consistency of application.

Fair point but it will benefit Us more than it wont think we will get record penalties this season! That incident on Mahrez we seems to have at least one of those per game.

I feel there are two options. Either you leave it entirely up to technology, and learn to live with it. That jars at the moment, because we're used to a margin of error of maybe a 6-10 inches at the moment and this has suddenly been reduced to 6-10 mm.

The alternative is to set a margin of error for the linesmen, and go with the on-field decision provided an error doesn't exceed that. Say, a linesman can be wrong by 10cm each way, and we live with that scale of human error. Greater errors are corrected by VAR.

The VAR only approach is that it's always right, but slow and interfering. The latter means fewer interruptions, but you have to live with the odd error.

I think I'd prefer the latter...

Fair point but it will benefit Us more than it wont think we will get record penalties this season! That incident on Mahrez we seems to have at least one of those per game.
I certainly hope that is the case!

I feel there are two options. Either you leave it entirely up to technology, and learn to live with it. That jars at the moment, because we're used to a margin of error of maybe a 6-10 inches at the moment and this has suddenly been reduced to 6-10 mm.

The alternative is to set a margin of error for the linesmen, and go with the on-field decision provided an error doesn't exceed that. Say, a linesman can be wrong by 10cm each way, and we live with that scale of human error. Greater errors are corrected by VAR.

The VAR only approach is that it's always right, but slow and interfering. The latter means fewer interruptions, but you have to live with the odd error.

You'd still have to wait while they check to see if it exceeds the 10 cm margin of error

That’s a great shout

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.