Manchester sight-seeing

I'm an exiled Manc living in Whitby, so I booked my youngest and myself on a couple of guided walks starting in Picadilly and was absolutely amazed by the history contained in the City centre which really needs to be pointed out by someone in the know.
It made me so proud to be a part of this great city, which has evolved over centuries. You may need to research guided walks but if it can include the Town Hall thats good but there is lots of good stuff otherwise.
I always remind my kids they are half Manc and not all shite!

Round off the trip with a week in a B&B in Toxteth Liverpool ....
They even put shutters up at the windows so the sun's heat doesn't make you hot.
an-area-of-toxteth-in-liverpool-8-known-as-the-welsh-streets-due-to-E4H5HN.jpg
you sure that isn't burano in venice ;-)

There should really be a Rock N Roll museum in Manchester like there is in Liverpool.

Just listening to Joy Division now, not listened to them properly for a few years, and their music is incredible - so profound, and Manchester as a city of music is unrivalled anywhere in the world imo.

Makes me sad to think, when I set off to go into town in a few minutes, that 99% of the clubs there now play the shittest hip-hop music imaginable all night long that no-one will be listening to in 40 years time.

I’ve walked through central Manchester a thousand times and never once been in awe of the history. I’d buy what I was after and head back out.

Somewhere like York is a different story...

I’ve walked through central Manchester a thousand times and never once been in awe of the history. I’d buy what I was after and head back out.

Somewhere like York is a different story...
Walk round with someone who can explain and maybe you'd change your narrow mind

Manchester's pretty shit for theatres, art galleries, churches if you're into that kind of thing. The architecture's a bit hit and miss too although St. Peter's Square is looking nice these days and probably worth a walk around.

It's quite good for museums though.

MOSI (Manchester was at the forefront of one of the most important events in human history - the industrial revolution) and The Manchester Museum are good examples, I'd check them out and possibly the Imperial War museum just outside Manchester in Salford Quays, which isn't too bad to walk around and is the home to a few media organisations. Do me a favour though mate, if you see that **** Dan Roan walking about, give him a slap from me.

Apart from having one of the best art galleries in the world!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.