Var debate 2019/20

I take it that you weren’t there today, as no one in the crowd knew what was happening

Maybe the 70,000 (?) in the ground didn't know what was happening, but the millions and millions and millions of folk watching on TV all around the world knew exactly what was going on... and guess who pays all the millions of pounds/euros/dollars/yen etc into the pot so we can hire folk like Sir Pep and King Kev and Magic Dave and the rest of them?

JJ

Fuckin shite, was there and didn't even celebrate the last 3 goals, until certain they were good... City ruining football?? I think fuckin NOT....!!!!!!!

Oh dear...

I celebrated the goals when I knew they were ok... just like I never used to celebrate at the ground until I had looked across at the Liner to see if his flag was up...

JJ

I recall before the first ever televised league game, Spurs v Forest I think, Brian Clough saying that television would ruin football. It's taken a while but Old Big Ead knew a thing or two.

Oh dear...

I celebrated the goals when I knew they were ok... just like I never used to celebrate at the ground until I had looked across at the Liner to see if his flag was up...

JJ
Not the same mate, as you know, totally dissalusioned with it, it mg at get decisions technically correct but fuck me, what an anti football road we are travelling down... :-(

It was mentioned a couple of times on radio 5 606 show tonight that Liverpool would have won the league last season if VAR was used. Seemed to be agreed and accepted without question. That's not the way I remember last season. More fake news to appease the scouse I think.

I hate stuff like this. I've seen loads of people say how Liverpool got quite a few dodgy offside goals go their way last season but they "weren't goals that actually made a difference to their results". This idea that if (for example) a team wins 2-0 and one of the goals shouldn't have stood that the dodgy goal hasn't had an effect on the result is utter bollocks. Shows a staggeringly poor understanding of the dynamics of a football match.

Ajax were just awarded a goal where the three VAR officials (who can be seen deciding) thought Huntelaar was onside. In truth, I thought he looked slightly off- more so than Sterling-, but they made the decision with no parallel lines and no fingertip/shoulder/hair analysis.

Maybe the 70,000 (?) in the ground didn't know what was happening, but the millions and millions and millions of folk watching on TV all around the world knew exactly what was going on... and guess who pays all the millions of pounds/euros/dollars/yen etc into the pot so we can hire folk like Sir Pep and King Kev and Magic Dave and the rest of them?

JJ
They won’t be paying millions in 5 years when there is 20000 in the ground and the atmosphere is completely sterile . Our goal that was offside (if it was..) wasn’t announced to be under review until they were ready to kick off. And that is utter shite. They must have known it was close after 5 seconds. They could have announced under review then. Perhaps they did on the TV and I agree TV pay the money but I couldn’t give a shit to be honest. Why should I pay a fortune for a game I am still not back from 6.5 hours later and that I set off yesterday afternoon for whilst some tosser from Mumbai who has probably forgotten the score by now gets to know more about what is happening.

Last edited:
Not the same mate, as you know, totally dissalusioned with it, it mg at get decisions technically correct but fuck me, what an anti football road we are travelling down... :-(

Sorry...

I have just checked on Google Maps but I can't locate an "anti football road" anywhere...

If you couldn't enjoy the football on display this afternoon at West Ham I feel sorry for you... really sorry.

JJ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.