Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

If you value your player, you'll choose the best. The whole point of this facility will be for it to become a centre of research & excellence.

When I badly damaged my knee playing football in 1988, my Consultant was a Dr Hurst. It was during a conversation he revealed he was also the main surgeon used by both City & ManUre. I assume both clubs thought him the best available, & again I assume neither had an issue with him being consultant to the other.

If I was badly injured, & a Dr returned my bitter enemy to full fitness, why wouldn't I choose him to repair me? Unless you're suggesting a 'City affiliated surgeon' would nobble an opponent player for City's gain. If not, I can't quite see the point you're making mate.

Also, I doubt City will be looking on this facility to significantly add to our balance sheet. The facility is what it is.... A place of medical education, learning, research & excellence, right on our doorstep, which adds to the aura of Sportcity.
1988 I get that but time and medicine move on. All clubs will likely have top grade surgeons now and so why would they shift to using City’s man. The surgery isn’t highly technical in trained hands, it’s the post op rehab which contributes highly to the success of the procedure and it’s this aspect the city medical centre is about.
Citys’s centre is a place of medical education, learning, research and excellence you are quite correct for ancillary services and by that I mean, physios, sports medicine, diagnostic staff etc etc. What it isn’t and will never be is a facility where a surgeon will operate on your knee. So yes other clubs could send players to the city centre for rehab, long way to go on a daily basis so just don’t see it happening outside of Manchester. Even our boys only stay in Barcelona for a couple of weeks so they can watch for immediate post op vomplications.
I have no doubt the city medical facility will be one of the best around, I’m only disputing the fact that it will be in a position to surgically repair joints

1988 I get that but time and medicine move on. All clubs will likely have top grade surgeons now and so why would they shift to using City’s man. The surgery isn’t highly technical in trained hands, it’s the post op rehab which contributes highly to the success of the procedure and it’s this aspect the city medical centre is about.
Citys’s centre is a place of medical education, learning, research and excellence you are quite correct for ancillary services and by that I mean, physios, sports medicine, diagnostic staff etc etc. What it isn’t and will never be is a facility where a surgeon will operate on your knee. So yes other clubs could send players to the city centre for rehab, long way to go on a daily basis so just don’t see it happening outside of Manchester. Even our boys only stay in Barcelona for a couple of weeks so they can watch for immediate post op vomplications.
I have no doubt the city medical facility will be one of the best around, I’m only disputing the fact that it will be in a position to surgically repair joints
The whole point of having a centre of excellence is to have operating theatres on site too. How else can the clinicians of the future train & gain experience unless they have access to the most cutting edge technology, & are able to observe & learn from the world's best surgeons?

Also, who said these consultants & surgeons were 'City's men'? They're professional clinicians being paid vast amounts for their work, who are also judged by their results.

Dr Richard Steadman was a prime example of a world class surgeon favoured by the biggest sporting institutions... Was he exclusive to any of them?

If Steadman was to have a surgical clinic at CFA, & ManUre had a player in urgent need of an operation, & rehab, would they decline using him because of the location of his surgery?

It's us fans who are tribal. The clubs we follow are businesses, & their employees just want the best, no matter who & where they are.

Question: Would you refuse treatment at a hospital, because a rival of yours had previously seen the same doctor?

Last edited:
The whole point of having a centre of excellence is to have operating theatres on site too. How else can the clinicians of the future train & gain experience unless they have access to the most cutting edge technology, & are able to observe & learn from the world's best surgeons?

Also, who said these consultants & surgeons were 'City's men'? They're professional clinicians being paid vast amounts for their work, who are also judged by their results.

Dr Richard Steadman was a prime example of a world class surgeon favoured by the biggest sporting institutions... Was he exclusive to any of them?

If Steadman was to have a surgical clinic at CFA, & ManUre had a player in urgent need of an operation, & rehab, would they decline using him because of the location of his surgery?

It's us fans who are tribal. The clubs we follow are businesses, & their employees just want the best, no matter who & where they are.

Question: Would you refuse treatment at a hospital, because a rival of yours had previously seen the same doctor?
Mate, it’s not happening trust me. You don’t open such a private unit to train doctors of the future, operating on the knees of 120m assets. The nhs does that. Your basically saying we could have our own mini hospital, perhaps with a maternity unit for the wags? Surgery not happening.
You’re questions are going off at a tangent, I haven’t suggested doctors would have club allegiances, but that clubs would have their favourite surgeons, as you rightly say based on reputation and outcomes, working out of current private hospitals. As you say, they are likely to be the same individuals

Mate, it’s not happening trust me. You don’t open such a private unit to train doctors of the future, operating on the knees of 120m assets. The nhs does that. Your basically saying we could have our own mini hospital, perhaps with a maternity unit for the wags? Surgery not happening.
You’re questions are going off at a tangent, I haven’t suggested doctors would have club allegiances, but that clubs would have their favourite surgeons, as you rightly say based on reputation and outcomes, working out of current private hospitals. As you say, they are likely to be the same individuals
Actually it is happening. It's no secret this centre of excellence is the plan. If you've ever had private surgery, you'll know that many private operations are carried out at NHS hospitals who have all the cutting edge technology at hand.

If a ManUre player was injured, & Dr Richard Steadman was asked to perform the surgery at CFA, as long as everything he needs is there, why wouldn't he?

This same short sightedness is partly the reason MMU have pulled out. City are again ahead of the curve where this is concerned, & their reasons for being at the hub of this makes absolute sense on all levels.

It was queried why we built a mini hotel at CFA. It's no longer being questioned. Only a few are questioning why MCFC, MCC, Salford Hope Hospital & formerly MMU were so interested in creating a medical centre of excellence, but most can see the absolute sense it makes.

Instead of sending injured players around the world, invite the best surgeons to perform the operations at CFA, whilst being observed by the elite surgeons of the future. I really don't get why you fail to see the vision.

Actually it is happening. It's no secret this centre of excellence is the plan. If you've ever had private surgery, you'll know that many private operations are carried out at NHS hospitals who have all the cutting edge technology at hand.

If a ManUre player was injured, & Dr Richard Steadman was asked to perform the surgery at CFA, as long as everything he needs is there, why wouldn't he?

This same short sightedness is partly the reason MMU have pulled out. City are again ahead of the curve where this is concerned, & their reasons for being at the hub of this makes absolute sense on all levels.

It was queried why we built a mini hotel at CFA. It's no longer being questioned. Only a few are questioning why MCFC, MCC, Salford Hope Hospital & formerly MMU were so interested in creating a medical centre of excellence, but most can see the absolute sense it makes.

Instead of sending injured players around the world, invite the best surgeons to perform the operations at CFA, whilst being observed by the elite surgeons of the future. I really don't get why you fail to see the vision.
Mate, I have no doubt the centre of excellence is happening but it won’t be performing orthopaedic surgery. It will be all about the rehab. You view of the surgery is far too simplistic, honestly.
Now I’m usually operating on a Sunday but given it’s Eid I’m off for some sun and a beer.

Mate, I have no doubt the centre of excellence is happening but it won’t be performing orthopaedic surgery. It will be all about the rehab. You view of the surgery is far too simplistic, honestly.
Now I’m usually operating on a Sunday but given it’s Eid I’m off for some sun and a beer.
Like I said, you've obviously not looked into the plans properly. It was there in black & white 8 years ago. Have a look whilst you're supping your beer...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.